I changed the section header "ReSpawns" to "Respawns" because the laatter is the correct spelling/capitalization.Aeiou Y5 23:02, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
This is probably a stupid question, but what happens if you enter west ardougne WITHOUT putting on protective gear?--RPG Master 05:36, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
Really? I spent ages trying to die there once, for a free Falador teleport (I was really poor, ok?) Never once died. --188.8.131.52 12:07, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
I pretty much just started editing Runescape wiki but I think East Ardougne and West Ardougne should be two different articles. Both cities are quite big (not as big as Varrock though) so I think they need seperate articles. If this was to happen I would add info and photos to both articles. Cheers, Chicken7 01:49, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- I agree. Cheesesock 02:02, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
Kool, could some important person (like a syspop) on this wiki please say if it's ok. Cheers, Chicken7 02:14, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
To split the article maybe. Is that OK? If so could your split it? I have no idea how to, lol. Thanks, Chicken7 02:18, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- I've decided I'm just going to create a seperate article named East Ardougne. Cheers everyone, Chicken7 06:27, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
The historical city[edit source]
I'm not sure how popular this will be, but I have changed this from being simply a disambiguation page (with links to West Ardougne and East Ardougne) into an information page on Ardougne the historical city. I think this is a good move, but will certainly listen to opinions from others. :-) Leevclarke 22:25, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
I like the idea; we can always use more historical articles, and as long as it clearly links to the two modern cities it can't hurt. Morian Smith 02:56, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- the pronuncination key didnt help me- i still cant say it.....but i still think its pronunced (our dung)-- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
- Looking at the word i'd probobly guess it's said like *Ar-Doo-Ne*.. I'm not saying it's definitely right but it's what I think.
- In a postbag from the hedge from a while back, someone said it was pronounced "Are-doy-in". Morian Smith 23:13, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
- Really, I always thought it was "Arr-Doog-Nee"..Claw B
- I've always pronounced it "Ar-Duh-Neigh" or "Ar-Dow-Neigh." All the others seem..wrong lol. Vegeto079
i think its pronounced (Are-Doon-Ge(like you say the letter g))
- It's not, man. It's pronounced "Ard-oin". oin in said the same was as coin. 17:02, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
- "Arr-Down" here. 220.127.116.11 17:05, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I pronounce it Ar-Dogn, I personally don't care if that's the incorrect pronouncion. BlazeTheMovieFan 22:06, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't believe anyone who pronounced it "Ar-doog-nee" didn't notice how stupid that actually sounds and didn't realise the g was most likely silent. I myself pronounced it Ar-doon, but I guess it's Ar-doyn.
- I assumed it was pronounced in a simlilar way to the french town of Boulougne as it has the same last syllables
that's embarassing. i always pronounced it "arg-a-done" but i pronounced the "done" like the the word "tone"[edit source]
and i pronounce is Ar-done, the done rhyming with tone. Don't be embarrassed. --18.104.22.168 12:06, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
- BARON REAVON ***
I believe this is pronunced (AR-doge(like toga without the "a")-knee
- BARON REAVON ***
Meaning of Ardougne[edit source]
In Welsh "Ar" means on so Ardougne is On Dourgne! Hope it helps!
City Status[edit source]
I'm confused at what Ardounge is, is it One city or two? I believe one, but why does East and West have serpate pages, indicating that they are two serpate cities? 22.214.171.124 15:53, April 10, 2011 (UTC)