Haven't done D'tres. But I'm fairly sure that the Ancient staff isn't required to cast Ancients; just to auto-cast. 184.108.40.206 17:12, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
Is this better then  Ahrims staff? The spells in the ancient magicks are stronger then those on the default spellbook. Ya, it's not as strong as a melee weapon. Ya, the runes will be expensive. But you arent likely to use a staff for melee when you can use magic, and money may be better spent on runes for the Ancient Magick spells instead of runes for Ahrim's staff, as well as the repair cost of said weapon. --Wiiwantxbox 00:11, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
- dude no one only a noob would pay that much for an ancient staff... talk 22:41, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
60 coins is the high alch for this staff??????[edit source]
Wow, i cant believe that somehow this staff only alchs for 60 coins. I can understand if it went for 20k and stuff, but just 60 coins?????? Wow............
There are stores that buy things at high alch price like wildy bandits general store. Also, you misread. Teh kevlar 14:06, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Do you have to complete DT to obtain this staff as a drop from mummies?220.127.116.11 00:35, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Shouldn't the picture be a person wielding only an ancient staff, instead of a staff with ghostly robes on also? --talk 18:50, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, but the image added is the currently only available image that I found. Chiafriend12Loon is best buttlord 18:56, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
Do you need to have finished desert treasure to wield this staff?
- Yes, you do. Sol Levante 06:04, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
1 or 2[edit source]
no its 1handed u can wheild enythid in ur left hand
- The ancient staff is one-handed. Sol Levante 07:07, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
Multiple Staffs[edit source]
Is it possible to drop the staff, talk to Eblis to buy another, and then pick the staff up again giving you two Ancient Staffs? Prince Joob 17:07, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Eblis only sells one per player. Sir Revan125 17:13, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Get one from Mummies, drop it, talk to Eblis, pick it up? JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 17:44, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
I completed the quest, but bought mine off the GE, so I'll give it a shot with Eblis. Mjs961 01:40, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
Apparently, you can buy one off the GE and THEN one from Eblis without needing to drop it. Presumably this "staff limit" only applies to the mummies... Mjs961 01:45, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
A Question[edit source]
"It is also dropped by mummies in the pyramid (this only works when there is no Ancient staff in the bank, inventory, or equipped)."
Recent price rises[edit source]
Ive looked on the grand exchange, and recently the price for ancient staves has gone from below Eeblis's price of 80k to well above it (the recent increase started on the day when pvp worlds were changed so that you risked all of your items). Ever since then, it's increased by a little less than 4k per day. Is this something we should worry about? Or will people start buying them from Eeblis or getting them from the mummies if they need a replacement? Wrathanet 12:25, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- It is getting merchanted. You can only buy the staff once from Eblis. I beleive they will dump at 300k~
Can you store an Ancient Staff in a familiar? If so, can you get a Staff drop from Mummies while it's in Familiar storage? 18.104.22.168 22:25, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Fighting Waterfiends[edit source]
This may sound far-fetched, but has anyone considered the Ancient staff as an alternative weapon for fighting Waterfiends?
- It's the same speed as the Saradomin sword and the Zamorakian spear (6 bars). It's also faster than the Dragon mace.
- It has a crush bonus of +40. Not too shabby, considering that the staff is one-handed and therefore can be wielded with a Rune defender, giving it a +58 crush bonus... that's nearly as good as the Saradomin sword's +60 crush bonus.
- As I stated above, the staff is one-handed, unlike the Saradomin sword and Zamorakian spear. You could wield a Rune defender for better attack bonuses, or a Dragonfire shield for a strength bonus and an extra +10 Magic defence bonus.
- The staff itself has a Magic defense bonus of +15.
The only flaw I see is its low strength bonus.19:16, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I think the Ancient staff is one of the best crush weapons, at least in terms of speed. I like to bang it on abyssal walkers for obtaining abyssal charms. Decent hitpoints and wonderful speed. Haven't tried it on waterfiends, though. Will do on next slayer assignment. 22.214.171.124 13:10, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Eblis' comments[edit source]
Eblis still tells the player that the Ancient staff will boost the Ancient Magick spells... I take it this is... an oversight, but does anyone know? It could work like the Armadyl battlestaff or have a crit change? 10:37, August 16, 2013 (UTC)