- 1 Untitled
- 2 Untitled
- 3 Untitled
- 4 Populated vs. unpopulated worlds
- 5 Confusing discrepancy
- 6 Untitled
- 7 Flash Powder Factory
- 8 Precisions?
- 9 Level 40-52 via Skullball
- 10 Questioning the usefulness of Tips
- 11 Wilderness Agility Course tip
- 12 Priffindas agility course
- 13 Update to the guide (August 2015)
- 14 More information needed
- 15 Untitled
- 16 Untitled
- 17 Ape Atoll and Wilderness Courses
- 18 Anachronia Agility Course Section G
- 19 Barb fishing
Failure at ape atoll stops completely at 75, not 80, and the article also claims technically that even at 80 there is still failure. This is false. http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8720/cookingcapepngiv6.gif Jdogy15 http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4396/fishingcapeud3.gif02:45, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
This could be a very fast way to train agility. Get enough slayer points to be able to make slayer rings,
and do fairy tales III.
then take a load of rings, and teleport to Rellekka slayer caves, use the fairy ring to go to C-L-R,
take the 100 and 300 xp obstacles at ape atoll and repeat. That way you don't have to do the low xp obstacles. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 18:38, June 17, 2010 (UTC).
with a horn from barbarian assault I'm not sure the cave agility course is faster than ape atoll because the bonus at the end isn't doubled. will someone do a test for me? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 16:33, July 1, 2010 (UTC).
Populated vs. unpopulated worlds[edit source]
BTW, why is it better to train at the wilderness agility course on a more populated world? Isn't the risk of being attacked by PKers greater?
Confusing discrepancy[edit source]
"With some work and practice, laps can be completed in around 47 seconds each (the time required to run to the stepping stones from the Agility Trainer included). Assuming that, intense training can give you 40,000 experience per hour. ... Food is still needed, this course gives *half* the experience of the Wilderness Agility Course but it is a much safer option" - Werewolf Agility Course
"A full lap without failing takes about 45 seconds, allowing for 46k experience per hour. Of course, given the time used up when failing obstacles and switching worlds to escape player killers, this is realistically closer to 40k per hour" - Wilderness Agility Course
Was just trying to figure out which course is best at every level, and this was pretty glaring. Can anyone provide factual information on the xp rates and correct this discrepancy?
(Nubscape 09:10, March 12, 2011 (UTC))
"Recommended for 110+ combat, due to mage arena right next to lever, you WILL be attacked."
Please remove this. This statement makes it sound as if getting attacked is a fact. It is NOT a fact. Being attacked by Pkers is a risk anywhere in the wilderness but not guaranteed. Also, the risk of being Pked in the wild has nothing to do with the proximity of the Mage Arena. Lastly, combat level is irrevelant due to the location of the Wilderness Agility course being so high up in the wilderness. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 15:01, September 12, 2011 (UTC).
- I think many players in the area have a high combat making being lower and advantage as it may prevent higher leveled players attacking you. 126.96.36.199 10:36, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
Flash Powder Factory[edit source]
Apparently doing it right makes it the best agility xp in the game. Can someone make up a section for it?
I believe the best method of agility is now:
1-35: Gnome Basic
35-49: Barbarian Basic
49-75: Wilderness (some of this can be replaced by Ape)
In the "70-80" section, there's this sentence: "But now with the new auras you can complete perfect laps for up to 20 minutes." with no further precision. This should be fixed. How can it be done? with which aura? Ect.
Fosk8 16:47, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Level 40-52 via Skullball[edit source]
Should have something added in the 40-52 leveling range that Skullball is still one of the best options, with a little practice you can get 18.5-22.5k per hour, which exceeds the other options by far once you factor in failure rate. It also doesn't require food, which is a perk.
Personally, I find it less boring as well.
I've done the course in as little as 2:10, and factoring in the time to talk to the Boss and position the ball for the first goal, I'd say you can repeatedly do it in about 2:20, and I did my math based on 2:30 total time per course.
750/150 = 5 xp/sec x60 = 300 xp/min x60 = 18,000 xp/hour x1.03 (clan avatar world xp boost) = 18,540xp/hour
Now assuming you can do 2:20 every time, that jumps the xp to ~5.36/second, ~321.43/min, ~19,285.79/hr(base), ~19,864.29(approx. max).
This is significantly faster than the other methods outlined, considering one can go from 25-52 in approximately 6 hours, and from 40-52 in 4 and a half hours.
My guestimate would be the course is doable in 2:00 flat including positioning and talking time, if you get a bit lucky with the initial spawn of the ball, which boosts the xp/hour by ~2600, to 22.5K/hour, but highly unlikely to do that consistently.
Questioning the usefulness of Tips[edit source]
Is any one really deriving much information from the tips section here? Many of the "Tips" go without saying, as anyone looking to train any skill for an extended period of time knows to watch tv/play music/ play other games/ irc/reddit etc. The person who wrote "Tips" can't possibly think they were putting in groundbreaking leveling strats that no other player had thought of before.
Tips should instead including things like using screen markers for click accuracy (with an appropriate link to a screen marker program), familiarizing oneself with a course to know how many game ticks between one animation and another, and maybe some general knowledge possibly missed in the article like "spam summer pies if you're rich and want to level this terrible carpal tunnel causing skill faster".
Broxxar 18:37, October 12, 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone think that Saradomin Brews are actually a good health item now, considering they're so cheap and almost weightless?
Wilderness Agility Course tip[edit source]
Wilderness Agility Course tip:
Players with higher combat level could attack skeletons to gain Adrenaline and use Regenerate to regain LP.
I don't know at what combat level this will be worth the fight.
188.8.131.52 13:51, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
Priffindas agility course[edit source]
Although I'm not skilled enough to enter Priffindas yet, has someone knowledge and the ability to add it to this tutorial? As it starts from level 94 (or 96 don't know for sure anymore) and might be and interesting/better alternative at those agility levels than the good old Advanced Barbarian --JorisCeoen 19:21, November 12, 2014 (UTC)
Update to the guide (August 2015)[edit source]
Placing this message here to explain the updates I've just made to this page.
- Burthrope = 398/4m 15s = 5618
- Rope swing (Brimhaven) = 200/5m = 2400
- Gnome = 432/3m 45s = 6912
- Burthrope = 398/3m 45s = 6368
- Gnome = 778/6.5m = 7181
- Burth = 797/7m 15s = 6595
- Gnome = 778/6m 45s = 6915
- Gnome = 1238/11m = 6753
- Burth = 1275/12m = 6375
- Gnome = 1078/9.5m = 6808
Total 7496/66m = 6814 xp/hr for gnome course (1-18)
- 18-20 gnome = 951/8.5m = 6712
- 18-20 Yanille trellis = 961/6m 45s = 8542
- 20-25 trellis = 3379/23m 15s = 8720
- 25-28 trellis = 2976/19m = 9397
- 29-30 trellis = 1302/8.5m = 9191
- 30-31 trellis = 1643/11m 15s = 8763
- 32-33 trellis = 1767/12m = 8835
- 33-34 trellis = 1984/13.5m = 8818
- 34-35 trellis = 2201/14.5m = 9108
- tellis = 16213/108m 45s = 8945
- 30-31 Agility pyramid = 1499/6.5m = 13837
- 30-31 pyramid = 1493/8m 45s = 10238
- 31-32 pyramid = 1607/8m = 12053
- 32-33 pyramid = 1787/11.5m = 9323
- 33-34 pyramid = 1966/8m = 14745
- 34-35 pyramid = 2200/12.5m = 10560
- pyramid 9053/48m 45s = 11142 (did not add as a method because experience was very variable - but may give better experience than the Watchtower shortcut at these levels)
- 38-39 pyramid = 3215/19.5m = 9892
- 35-36 barb = 2258/12m 15s = 11059
- 36-37 barb = 2593/13m 45s = 11315
- 37-38 barb = 2945/15m = 11780
- 39-40 barb = 3569/18m = 11897
- 41-42 barb = 4340/22m = 11836
- 43-44 barb = 5245/25m 30s = 12341
- 45-46 barb = 5905/31m 30s = 11248
- 47-48 barb = 7434/35m 30s = 12565
- 48-49 barb = 2275/10m = 13650
- 59 barb = 3069/15m 15s = 12075
- 35-36 penguin suit = 2375/4.5m = 31667
- 36-37 peng = 2625/5.5m = 28636
- 37-38 peng = 2950/5m 45s = 30783
- 38-39 peng = 3225/6m = 32250
- 39-40 peng = 3587/6.5m = 33111
- 40-41 peng = 3900/6m 45s = 34667
- 41-42 peng = 4350/7m 15s = 36000
- 42-43 peng = 4775/8m = 35813
- 43-44 peng = 5300/9m 15s = 34378
- 44-45 peng = 5837/10m 45s = 32578
- 45-46 peng = 6450/12m 15s = 31592
- 46-47 peng = 713712m 45s = 34395
- 47-48 peng = 6400/12m = 32000
- Total 58911/107m 15 s = 32967
- 40-41 Agility arena 858 xp + 3 tickets in 11 minutes (4680xp + 16 tickets an hour)/968 + 7 tickets in 16m (3630xp + 26 tickets an hour).
- 48-49 = 9180/23m = 23948
- 49-50 = 9400/23m 15s = 24258
- 50-51 = 10380/22.5m = 27680
- 51-52 = 9860/18m = 32867
- 52-53 = 12780/26.5m = 28936
- 53-54 = 14720/31m = 28490
- 54-55 = 15200/33.5m = 27224
- 55-56 = 17600/35m 45s = 29538
- 56-57 = 19380/41m = 28361
- 57-58 = 12800/28m 15s = 27186
- 58-59 = 15060/28m = 32271
- 59-60 = 16880/36m 45s = 27559
- 60-61 = 28320/57m = 29810
- 61-62 = 29140/54m = 32378
- 62-63 = 30100/51m = 35412
- 63 = 17000/30m = 34000
- 64 = 16960/30m 15s = 33640
- 65 = 15740/26m = 36323
- 66 = 23220/38m = 36663
- 67 = 13860/23m 15s = 35768
- 68 = 20840/30m 45s = 40663
- 69 = 21920/31.5m = 41752
- 70 = 27640/45m 15s = 36650
- 71 = 28640/45m 15s
- 72 = 40760/hr
- 73 = 25400/36m = 42333
- 74 = 24431/35m 15s = 41584
- 75 = 45820/61.5m = 44702
- 76 = 24940/33m 15s = 45004
- 77 = 15660/21m = 44743
- 49-50 = 9753/14.5m = 40357
- 50-51 = 5142/7m 45s = 39809
- 51-52 = 11999/19.5m = 36920
- 53-54 = 12583/19.5m = 38717
- 54-55 = 12039/21m 15s = 37043
- 55-56 = 12040/19m 15s = 37527
- 56-57 = 11999/18m = 39999
- 57-58 = 21713/32 = 40712
- 58-59 = 21713/34.5m = 37762
- 59-60 = 21713/34m = 38317
- 60 = 13182/20m 30s = 38581
- 61-62 = 20927/31m 15s = 40180
- 62 = 21245/35.5m = 35907
- 64 = 6856/9.5m = 43301
- 65 = 19442/30m = 38884
- 66 = 20570/30m 15s = 40800
- 67 = 26870/43m 45s = 36850
- 68 = 21141/32.5m = 39029
- 69 = 32570/48m 45s = 40086
- 71 = 29713/44.5m = 40062
- 72 = 24590/36m 15s = 37976
- 73 = 26299/36.5m = 43231
- 74 = 29713/44m = 40517
- 75 = 50870/74.5m = 40969
- 76 = 41141/58.5m = 52196
- 77 = 13723/20m 45s = 39695
- 60 = 14170/30m = 28340
- 62 = 12100/26.5m = 27396
- 64 = 7620/15m 15s = 29980
- 64 = 8940/17m 45s = 30220
- 65 = 11700/23m = 30521
- 68 = 20160/39m 45s = 30430
- 71 = 20020/43m = 27935
- 76 = 33680/64m 15s = 31452
26299/37 = 42647 using summer pies to boost to 82
Using no boosts - 66 laps:
- 24 laps with no effects
- 23 laps using velocity
- 13 laps using light creature shortcut
- 2 laps using window shortcut
- 2 laps using both shortcuts
- 2 laps using window shortcut + velocity
During Voice of Seren - 56 laps:
- 41 laps using velocity
- 10 laps using light creature shortcut
- 4 laps using window shortcut
- 1 lap using both shortcuts
Using juju agility - 53 laps:
- 7 laps with no effects
- 8 laps using velocity
- 26 laps using light creature shortcut
- 4 laps using window shortcut
- 5 laps using both shortcuts
- 3 laps using window + velocity
Using juju agility and Voice of Seren - 62 laps:
- 1 lap with no effects
- 31 laps using velocity
- 21 laps using light creature shortcut
- 1 lap using window shortcut
- 3 laps using both shortcuts
- 5 laps using window + velocity
Calculated XP/hr using average lap times of (because my lap time seemed slow I didn't add any additional time for moving from the light creature to begin the course again to try and compensate for this):
- 51 seconds - no effects
- 48 seconds - using velocity
- 31 seconds - light creature shortcut
- 26 seconds - window shortcut
- 36 seconds - using both shortcuts
- 43 seconds - using window and velocity
22:03, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
More information needed[edit source]
This page needs more information added:
- Second opinion on lap times for Hefin course.
- Potentially add an alternative method to Hefin? (May need to check dorgesh-kaan XP rate, but looks as though Ape Atoll is better until level 85)
- Information about playing Barbarian Assault.
22:03, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
-  second opinion on lap times for Hefin course: I tried the course with my complete attention, velocity on the last shortcut, and I'm able to do it in ~43 seconds.
- ~Kerstkoekje, 20:04, August 22, 2015 (UTC) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 20:06, August 22, 2015 (UTC).
Needs updating after recent low-level changes. Specifically, per these patch notes, failure rates/xp levels were rebalanced for Barbarian, Agility Pyramid, Skullball, and the Penguin course. Rafaelloaa (talk) 15:45, March 18, 2016 (UTC)
Would Werewolf Agility Course be a alternative for lvl 60-75? Since Werewolf Agility Course has a low chance of failing (just one of the obsticles) and it's not in Wilderness.Alphachan (talk) 10:05, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Could be, but it's relatively slow compared to Wilderness course or the other alternatives in the guide (see above for werewolf course rates, pre-the course updates recently) 14:51, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
Ape Atoll and Wilderness Courses[edit source]
Failures now stop at lv 70 rather than 75 at Ape Atoll, but also gank rates have been extremely high recently at the wilderness course so I suggest people start Ape Atoll at lv 65 or sooner. Rusbelia (talk) 06:35, August 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Are you absolutely sure? The Patch Notes only say that failure rates have been reduced, not that the level at which you stop failing the course has been lowered. -- 06:42, August 3, 2016 (UTC)
I have been grinding the course from 65 and since I mid 69 I have experienced zero failures, and i am now 72 so I would say I have spent around 3 hours running the course 70+ with zero failures. I was experiencing a failure about every 10 minutes before so I am pretty confident. I will continue grinding and update soon. Rusbelia (talk) 20:11, August 3, 2016 (UTC) Yeah another 3 hours of grinding and zero failures, and I also saw someone with 68 agility fail an obstacle so it is looking quite like 70 is the new point that failures stop. Rusbelia (talk) 00:15, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
- I changed the guide to say failure stops at 70 for ape atoll and changed it from being recommended over Wilderness from 70+. However, I think its likely Jagex could have changed failure rate for the wilderness course as well in this patch (if they hadn't before it seems like the wilderness course is going to be improved a lot in Monday's update anyway). Nevertheless, thank you for pointing out that the level for stopping failing at ape atoll has changed and please let us know if you notice anything else has been updated :) 22:01, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for making the change. My opinion on recommending Ape Atoll over wilderness is totally based on the gank rate. Failing obstacles on Ape Atoll is more punishing than the Wilderness course but dying wastes so much time. Of course anyone who has a way to avoid being ganked should have no problem with it. Rusbelia (talk) 07:45, August 6, 2016 (UTC)
Anachronia Agility Course Section G[edit source]
Section G of the Anachronia Agility Course takes a minimum of 37 seconds to complete, awards a total of 620xp per run (for ~60k/hour), and is available from level 30. Currently still awaiting details for the entire run, but extrapolating from the parts of the course I can get to, it should give around 20k xp for one loop around the island (20/obstacle, 500/section, 16k bonus for entire course), taking a minimum of 7 minutes, which means up to 170k/hour. The entire loop is available from level 85. Gull Hughny (talk) 13:43, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
Hey Gull. I also tested and this method is indeed the best for level 30+. I've asked a friend for some help and hopefully he can get us exact numbers for levels 85+. My times for Section G are 33.7 clockwise and 32.9 counter clockwise. This results in about 67.027 kxp/hour. I started the timer just before the first click and stoped just after I regained control of my character. For Section G I only used Surge. I'll test a 20min sample and see how many xp I get for a good estimation. I can also test the other sections, but I think G is the best by far. For the page, it would be interesting to also include the future bonus from the Spa, resulting in aroud ~73.730 kxp/hour, almost as good as the Wilderness Agility Course with Demonic Skull and Wilderness sword 2. VCent (talk) 21:40, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
My results: 1222 second sample: 22320xp (around 65754.5 xp/hour). 16 pages (my best result yet)!
Section G: 33.7s clockwise (C) 32.9s counter clockwise (CC), 1240 xp.
Section F: 68 C 64 CC, 1320 xp.
Section A: 68 C 74 CC, 1320 xp.
- As discussed in the Anachronia Agility Course Talk Page, the Section Bonuses changed. It completely killed the method. Section G now gives less than 30 kxp/hour. Section B is meh (requires 50 agility). Not sure why they did this, there is nothing left for me to do at Anachronia anymore (or other low-medium level players). Really disappointed. VCent (talk) 06:07, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
I would like to add that the Anachronia section is still up showing incorrect data. I did two test runs at 46 agility and for the eight spots i earned a total of 310 xp in 70-75 seconds. This equates to ~15,810 xp/h which is horrible. Larka (talk) 02:05, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- While it was not as good as when it came out, Anachronia with level 30 Agility is still okay-ish. The guide still needs more information, but you are supposed to only do one section of the course over and over again. The Section that gives the most experience is Section G, which gives 270 xp and takes about 33 seconds. This results in 29.5k xp/h. You can see which section is which on the Anachronia Agility Course page. VCent (talk) 20:31, 12 April 2020 (UTC)
Yeah, even at 35 seconds per lap, anachronia G is still 28k, which is better than Barbarian and Ape Atoll. Plus, you'll earn codex pages now and then, and during the Roar, there's a 25% bonus, bringing it up to 35k/hr, which rivals Wildy and isn't thaat far off of clockwork. Where it really gets interesting is level 50 sections, which are 30-33k (no-surge F vs single surge per lap B) without roar or above 40k with it. And at E, you're getting 55k/hr with one surge and no roar. With double surge, it's 59k, which even beats Heffin off hour until 82 (though Roar active still beats on-hour Heffin).
Chart from Anarchronia talk page, each section was only tested for 5 round trips of each type.
|Section||Running Only||Without Codex||Double Surge|
|A (Beginner/30 south)||73 sec laps, 13k/hr||-||-|
|G (Beginner/30 north)||35s, 28k/hr||-||-|
|B (Novice/50 south)||54/64s, 32k/hr||55, 33k/hr||35k/hr|
|F (Novice/50 north)||66s, 30k/hr||63s, 32k/hr||33k/hr|
|C (Advanced/70 south)||73s, 42k/hr||untested||63s, 49k/hr|
|E (Advanced/70 north)||60s, 51k/hr||56s, 55k/hr||53s, 59k/hr|
worthy enough to be include in the alt mehods imo... thoughts?(220.127.116.11 08:26, 9 May 2020 (UTC))
would a wiki vet add in if they agree?