Talk:Aftermath of the Bounty Hunter update
Im hearing on RuneScape currently that almost 9000 players have canceled membership is this true? Whiplash 23:56, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
There are numbers flying out all around. Even the number 400,000 which would represent nearly 40% of the P2Pers has been seen. Based on the number of individuals saying that they were quitting or not renewing, the number is probably in the hundreds though we have absolutely no way, especially since this is brand spanking new, to know the actual number unless Jagex releases them (which I doubt they would).
- Quick find code: 27-28-371-54710224 / 26-27-830-54710791 - Someones finally standing up and speaking their mind O.o 188.8.131.52 01:12, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- According to another player:
- i just looked it up on pay pal
- jagex lost over 462000 menbers
- tada jagex is dead
Change title[edit source]
- Indeed... but I suppose all this formatting (choosing the titles and organizing the pages) can wait until the situation becomes clearer.Patheticcockroach(Talk) 13:08, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
As a note for anyone watching this page or recent changes, I intend to make another article with a better title that covers the whole series of events, using part of the content of this article. Legally we are required to keep the history somewhere if we use it, though, so I've restored the article and will redirect it when done. Skill 05:57, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- Its euthanasia...````
The chart in the article really doesnt show anything. If you look at the numbers they actually went up from Dec 10 then went down just a bit, a little lower than they were on the 10th. This chart can hardly justify a bunch of quitters. Atlandy 15:17, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
- Seriously... the chart shows nothing at all... I'm removing it. If you can demonstrate that later... over a longer period of time, then it would be logical to reinclude it.
- Just checked Alexa.com, where the chart is apparently from... Page views have shown an overall positive trend since the 10th... also sorry that I don't sign my comments... on wikipedia its four tildes, I do not know how on this wiki.
- Yeah, the whole thing seems to have changed now. It definitely showed a negative amount of page views when I put it on, but now it's showing that the page views always went up.--Andy mci 11:41, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
There have now been several "Bounty Hunter updates", perhaps a different title is better? Something like "Aftermath of the Wilderness changes", maybe? I'm open to suggestions, but the current one just doesn't sound right to me. Kudos 2 U Talk! Edit count! Contribs! 04:45, November 5, 2009 (UTC)
Stolen Credit Cards[edit source]
The article says that RWT usually occurs with stolen credit cards which is largely untrue as there is no good reason someone would steal a credit card for the simple purpose of purchasing a game account when there is no legal risk of just using their own, it needs to be changed. [Composite 4] (My Talk)