- 1 Abyss
- 2 "Passage"
- 3 which dark mage?
- 4 Dangers of the Abyss
- 5 Confused
- 6 Failing the Obstacles
- 7 Sacred Clay Armor - Better stats?
- 8 Lower Mage exp for casting in here?
- 9 No Gravestone Update?
- 10 Equipment
- 11 What are the requirements?
- 12 Waka Canoe
- 13 Blood Altar
- 14 Demonic Skull
- 15 Area infobox shenanigans
When was the Abyss released?
Is there actually an unguarded passage? I have been unable to find one, even in the "correct" position. There is no proof it exists anymore. It is probably outdated.05:04, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
- I found it. It doesn't appear to occur in every single instance.
- There is always 1 unguarded passage. It always occurs, however, at the opposite part of the abyss from you. If, for example, you appeared at the 6 o clock position, the unguarded passage would be at the 12 o clock position. Since you almost never have to run all the way around before finding a passage you can use, almost no one ever actually comes across it, unless they're looking for it. --Psycho Robot 15:57, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
which dark mage?[edit source]
please specify which dark mage you have to go to in order to get the small pouch. The one in the wildy, or the one in varrock? --Wiiwantxbox 21:50, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- you have to talk to the dark mage in the abyss. I wasn't aware of any other "dark mage" as the other NPCs related to the abyss are called "Mage of Zamorak". Gerbeezooe 03:28, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
Dangers of the Abyss[edit source]
I once went to the abyss at level 38. I was reading this page and wasn't expecting much difficulty from the monsters. As it turned out, I was mauled by leeches in five seconds.
Shouldn't we add more (warnings) about the monsters? Earthere 17:26, 8 July 2007 (UTC)Earthere
- I just added some more warning in the part about the outer ring... although, at lvl 66 def, I'm among the players who occasionally go there unarmored to craft some laws. Patheticcockroach(Talk) 16:35, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
- I second this - the description of the outer ring is really confusing & needs a map to show its configuration. the article at http://www.global-rs.com/guides/misc/abyssalrunecrafting/ is much better - although presumably the images etc are not free for use.--Aloysiusgaul 23:51, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Failing the Obstacles[edit source]
Does anyone know at which level one stops failing the obstacles at the outer ring? All I know that at 92 mining I do fail, and at 99 I never fail. It'd be nice to add the exact level to the article. Thingummywut 10:26, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Edit: I can now confirm that at least level 99 is required to stop failing. Thingummywut 12:06, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
Sacred Clay Armor - Better stats?[edit source]
In the Strategy section, under the equipment list, Sacred Clay armor is suggested with the phrase "Sacred clay armour (weigh less [2kg per piece], better stats in melee and range except for magic)." Better stats than what? It has the same bonuses as Green Dragonhide, and much WORSE stats than Black Dragonhide. So what is it better than? Or is this just misinformation? Psycho Robot 15:53, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- I'm assuming they would all be compared to their lv 40 equivalent. In which case, they should all be equal to lv 40 armor of that type. Dsctatom 03:32, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
Lower Mage exp for casting in here?[edit source]
I saw a guide on youtube, where a player used ice barrage on the creatures in here as an alternative to the chaos tunnels or zooknock. A comment said that you recieved decreased exp in the abbys. Is that true? Swordfishguy 15:30, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- You get lowered combat XP while in the abyss, I believe its 2 xp per damage instead of 4 xp, but I'm not certain about mage xp. I'm fairly certain, however, that you get the same amount of xp for casting the spell, however the extra xp you get from the damage would be reduced. --Psycho Robot 16:00, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
No Gravestone Update?[edit source]
I died the abyss trying to get my money for my anchor back, and when I went back into the abyss, my gravestone was nowhere to be found. I've done this at least twice before (I should really stop buying the anchor) and it always worked. Now I've almost died looking for a non-existant gravestone!--Long Live Armadyl 10:36, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
The "equipment" section is ridiculous. Recommending the usage of armadyl in a situation where a player is constantly skulled in a pvp area and obviously has nothing in his inventory but pure essence? I don't think so.
What are the requirements?[edit source]
What do you need to do to get in?
- See Abyss (miniquest). Also, please sign your comments by typing four tildes (~~~~) in future. Ronan Talk 17:06, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
Waka Canoe[edit source]
I'm going to remove the section about the Waka canoe placing you a couple steps from the Zamorak mage, it seems deliberately misleading. 184.108.40.206 19:01, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Blood Altar[edit source]
Legacy of Seergaze quest IS required to access the Blood Altar220.127.116.11 00:54, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
Demonic Skull[edit source]
Can there be a section describing the use of the Demonic Skull in the Abyss? I've heard that it gives bonus runecrafting xp, which seems weird as you only are in the wilderness for the "getting to the abyss" portion of the skilling. Does the Demonic Skull also affect combat XP when killing creatures inside the abyss? -Matrix2160 18.104.22.168 17:56, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Area infobox shenanigans[edit source]
I added an area infobox, but for some reason it doesn't show the info I put in it. It's not even there when I go to the source editor. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Also, is there even a leader? And can the abyss be seen as part of the Wilderness or something else?The Green Butterfly (talk) 19:57, 19 December 2019 (UTC)