Talk:A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
Lol nice, there's two pages. Well done!
--13:16, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Lol 2 pages...1 is far more detailed than the other.
- Please treat this as the main article. This has all the pre-release history store in the page history. Also, the name should be moved to Fairytale III - Battle at Orks Rift. Another move fail by me. >_> Chicken7 >talk 13:21, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Wow.. c'mon... get some info on here, I'm stuck.....
- It only came out today. Everyone trying to get information for people like you and me are about as stuck as you are. Give it some time. Also, don't forget to sign your comments. 188.8.131.52 13:58, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Lol when u look here itlink no longer works says "The Tooth Fairy says the rewards for this quest are divulged on a need-to-know basis, and you do NOT need to know. Well, not until tomorrow, anyway". But you can see the rewards in-game. That's a big fail from Jagex.
--13:59, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Put it in the "Trivia"? :D -- 14:03, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
- That was also with Buyers and Cellars :S 184.108.40.206 14:48, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
I can't edit because my account is not old enough. Here's a picture of the rewards screen https://runescape.wiki/w/File:Ftp3_rewards.png
Temporary Boosts[edit source]
Does anyone know if it's possible to boost any of the requirements?
(Even though this may help everyone, I'm looking to know if I can boost my farming level in order to do it :p)
I'm the same boat as you mate! I have 52 Farming and am wondering if I can escape Farming to 54...
Just finished the quest. It is possible :) (but it has also already been fixed on the quest page)
Have fun everyone, keep doing the beast job you do on the Wiki.
When it comes time to talk to Gnarly..if he won't talk to you, and only bites you, make sure that your summoning lvl is above 37. He will not respond to you unless you have your summoning level up.
Added infobox[edit source]
After finishing quest the weeding of the farm patches did not work for everyone. Fora lot of people the weeds came to stage 1 of growing. Probably a bug.
- It's under investigation; quote from Mod Emilee:
14-May-2010 09:32:00 Thanks for the heads up, it's being investigated now.
--09:41, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
TRIVIA: There is a trivia reference during the first cutscene of the final battle. During the fight the Godfather mentions himself being untouchable. The Untouchables was a famous gangster movie.220.127.116.11 18:14, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
Summoning Bug[edit source]
(no account so cannot edit the article myself)
Despite the entire storyline being based on the Godfather's impervious shield, it is possible to kill him without the Ivory Generals, by letting a Summoning Familiar kill him.
A Steel Titan will make short process of the Godfather.
However, this is a bug: if you do this, you will be unable to complete the quest.
If that happens, you will be sitting on an empty battle field with 3 Ivory Generals, nothing left to do and the Tooth Fairy telling you to enter battle.
Your only option will be to reset the entire battlefield by leaving the zone via the fairy ring and returning.
Uber Strategy[edit source]
Use a whip. And mean it. :D Seriously, whip, obby shield, sara brews and super restores seem to be more than adequate to the task. Try it sometime. --18.104.22.168 23:26, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I used whip, DDS, barrows gloves, dragon boots, skirt and shield, rune plate, random helm, Warriors ring, legends cape, glory. That and prot from magic were sufficient defence. All that was then needed was to swap weapons (wand, dagger, whip) and multi tasking healing the ivories, eating (very occasionally), prayer potting and combat. The first general went down pretty quick to DDS specials, and they (well some enemy) does take poison. I brought spare food in a terror-bird but didn't need it. Doing it again I would take 4 prayer pots instead of 3, although I only got through 2 the battle could have been longer. Rich Farmbrough, 14:13 7 June 2010 (GMT).
As nobody comes there, I'll ask them. Please, answer my question. Talk:Fairy Tale quest series 11:19, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
Ork Warriors[edit source]
When I was doing this quest, all I had to face were the 3 Generals, I saw no ork warriors other than in the cutscene. Babyvegeta93 02:33, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
No gravestone at the main fairy ring[edit source]
I died in this quest, but trusted in this guide's words that the gravestone would appear at the main fairy ring in Zanaris. But it did not, and I ended up losing my items because I didn't know where else to look. An arrow did point southwest when I was at the Orks Rift, but by then it was too late to investigate it. If what the person who made this guide meant was in fact the fairy ring in front of the chicken statue, then you should correct the guide to say that.
- Don't know what went wrong - I died in this quest (twice, I hate to admit), and my grave was just a few steps south of the main fairy ring both times. Mugs Bunny 15:04, January 7, 2011 (UTC)Mugs Bunny
One less item required (Nuff's certificate)[edit source]
You no longer need Nuff's Certificate to start the quest. When one teleports back to fairy HQ, the certificate magically appaers in one's inventory. In fact, you can't get it from Nuff's grotto anymore either. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 02:54, March 20, 2014 (UTC).
could someone add combat recommend stats.
its very hard to juge quests like this.
some sites are saying dragon armure or better so that would be 60+ defence.
what stats are recomended for this quest? 126.96.36.199 20:11, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Starting quest immediately after previous[edit source]
The article reads: "Once in the Fairy Resistance HQ, speak to the Fairy Queen, to start the quest. If you have just finished A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen, you will have to wait around thirty minutes in order to begin this quest. If that didn't work then logout and login again, and then it should work." I was able to start the quest immediately after by teleporting out of the area and then reaccessing it with a fairy ring. I'd guess this would be the same for reaccessing in the shed in the woods, but I'm unable to check. 2406:E007:800D:8701:453C:49C1:6E48:4C58