Talk:2015 Hallowe'en event
Question: Is this going to be Members-Only, or Free-to-Play also? Has there been any news of this? I can't figure it out thus far.
184.108.40.206 01:53, October 20, 2015 (UTC)
- F2P, as it's a holiday event. The only news of it so far has been at the end of the most recent BTS video, and on livestreams. 01:54, October 20, 2015 (UTC)
special souls skills[edit source]
Day 1 skills for the special souls are divination, strength, attack, ranged, and dungeoneering. 220.127.116.11 02:01, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
Since it's in use, here's the ways I saw to gain favour:
- I've gotten 1 favour randomly while in a row boat and in combat, so I don't know what triggers that; time?
- Siphon/Attack Soul Devourers = 5
- Rescue Wayward Spirits = 5
- Turn in Lost souls = 100
- Guide souls to Icthlarin = 200
- Defeat the Avatar of Amascut = 350
- In my experience, I get 1 favour if I defeat a soul devourer while there are no wayward souls being blocked by that devourer, like if the souls are ahead or behind that section of the bridge. I didn't try it yet without any souls on the bridge at all, but it's the only time I've seen myself getting exactly 1 favour. I didn't notice getting 1 favour while on the boat, though. Nothing special here. (talk) 19:30, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
Time required between Amascut's Avatar to receive points?[edit source]
From Halloween_2015#Defeating_Amascut.27s_Avatar "It should be noted that there seems to be a minimum amount of time between kills. World hopping to try and get fast points will not work as the player will receive 0 points for the kill." -- Firstly, I've confirmed that this is true. However, I'm interested to know what the exact cooldown time is before you can receive points again. So far I've narrowed it down to between 9 minutes and (less than or equal to) 15 minutes. I believe that one of the times I killed the Avatar during what should have been somewhere between 12-14 minutes, but I've had a hard time replicating it (given that the death times fluctuate so much, making timing very inconsistent). Due to that inconsistency in times it likely wouldn't be worthwhile to world hop even if the cooldown was only 10 minutes instead of 15, but I was interested to know if anyone had found (or was interested in trying to find) the exact time anyway. Zants (talk) 05:49, October 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I finally got around to testing this again and getting a good world rotation to test it with. I believe the player cooldown is somewhere between 10-12 minutes.
- First run: I killed Amascut on World 2 and began a 15 minute timer, and then worldhopped and killed it on World 56 after about 9 minutes and 30 seconds had past. I received 400 Noumenon Favour for the kill on World 2, but nothing on World 56.
- Second run: I killed Amascut on World 2 and began a 15 minute timer, and then worldhopped and killed it on World 56 after about 12 minutes and 30 seconds had past. I received 400 Noumenon Favour for both kills.
- It's likely too late for this to happen, but it turns out a Friends Chat might've been a somewhat viable option for this event (where players would report when Amascut was spawning on their world). Zants (talk) 22:55, November 7, 2015 (UTC)
Maximizing Point Gains[edit source]
I've spent a bit of time maximizing the efficiency of gaining points during this Hallowe'en event and I have noticed that it is possible to complete about 3 and a half (and potentially four, depending on how many people are doing the same strategy) "soul runs", or cycles of rescuing souls, every 15 minutes, and then fighting the avatar to earn the most points. The key to doing 3-4 soul runs is the fact that you are awarded points on the devourers even if you only siphon or hit them once. By switching targets rapidly it is possible to complete each portion of the bridge in a very small amount of time. The more people who do this method the faster the devourers die and therefore the faster points are earned and progression can occur. Doing this method, I have been able to complete 4 soul runs in a 15 minute period which results in a high amount of points per Avatar cycle. You obtain 300 bonus per soul run, a required 100 from collecting souls, a required 150 from defeating devourers, and 400 per avatar kill, totaling up to 2050 points per 15 minutes if doing 3 soul runs, or 2600 per 15 minutes if doing 4 soul runs. It is therefore possible to gain the 35000 points required to obtain all of the rewards, sans exp lamps, in around 4 hours. --23:59, November 9, 2015 (UTC)