Talk:2011 Hallowe'en event
Is it true that you cant do the halloween event this year unless your a member?
- That hasn't been stated yet. All that we know is that you get an extra reward if you are a member. Suppa chuppa 05:58, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
- It's actually 100% sure, as it is said that the event will show free players the clan citadels (and they've never made a non-combat event members-only, as far as I know). 12:52, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
@Whoever deleted the rewards, they aren't "speculation". They were announced in the BTS and in this page, specifically. 22.214.171.124 17:55, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Criticism
- 2 Picture of zombie encounter
- 3 Event Done!
- 4 Pumpkin Pete
- 5 Graveyard
- 6 fireworks
- 7 *le trivia
- 8 Spelling mistake on Armadyl grave.
- 9 War, what is he good for?
- 10 Info for Trivia
- 11 Fireworks
- 12 Noticeboard
- 13 "Deathcon" title
- 14 Fame's special event.
- 15 Fame only one to smoke?
- 16 In reference to direct challenge of edits /Locked Halloween Page.
- 17 Gravestones in trivia
Just like I knew it would their annoucement confirming the newsletter has drawn lots of critacism including lots of trolls and RS fansboys/girls talking down on those who feel wronged. 126.96.36.199 05:42, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
There have been endless complaints on the forums about this as well as people trolling the people who are mad about this and as always theres the Jagex lapdogs who try to make excuses for every mistake Jagex makes. pyrolord 23:26, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
Picture of zombie encounter[edit source]
since people don't really believe the zombie stuff is happening, here's a screen from ones i've personally seen in the grand exchange, it was at 22:30 PST
just had another event at 23:53 PST the ground shook and made you dance like a zombie, then 10 seconds later about 50 level 26 zombies started milling around, out of 4 kills they dropped nothing but bones
Event Done![edit source]
-Living on borrowed time emote (cool emote btw)
-Deathcon lanyardWer den König nicht ehrt, ist nicht Lebenswert. 14:52, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
[[File:DeathCon2_Fireworks.png|frame|DeathCon Fireworks Path (with mad paint skillz)]]Quick Paths for the Fireworks section. I'm sure someone else can do a much better job!
I've gotten 21 moves multiple times now and I'm sure I can't improve on it more. ~Ny~
Pumpkin Pete[edit source]
Pumpkin pete can be found by searching the pumpkin patch found east of Diango. I added a note of this in the trivia section.188.8.131.52 16:52, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
I've never edited before, so I didn't want to directly write this into the article, but... The gravestones in the graveyard in the western part of the citadel have funny, marketing-oriented inscriptions. The one on the "Angel of Death" stone might be a Doctor Who reference. 184.108.40.206 20:51, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, it could be. It's kind of discrete, though. I had to read it twice.(The first time before reading this.) 220.127.116.11 00:03, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Where can you watch the fireworks? It is said in the quest guide that you can watch it on the rooftop but i cant see a thing. Comadant 22:01, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
Last day of the event
- Thanks, that means we need to wait three weeks? :(. Will that happen together with Death's event thing? Comadant 11:30, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- It will happen where the event is being held after they open the door to the theater for the show going on
*le trivia[edit source]
I don't see how this refrences DefCon in any way exept for the name. But so does ComiCon. And the MineCon. And anyother convention that happens to have con at the end of its name. And I think it's just a coiwincidence (spelled like a pro) that it sounds like death.00:21, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Giant Grave Stone?
IF you look close you can see where the punch is served and dingo is that it looks like a Gaint Grave Stone. Should This be in the trivia?
Half of the trivia's gone D: and some of it was good! Can I bring them back or were they deleted for a reason?12:33, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
But, if you think about it, everybody who attended Deathcon I died, and that's EXACTLY what would happen at DefCon 1. - A Delightful Anonymous 18.104.22.168 00:51, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Spelling mistake on Armadyl grave.[edit source]
I find this mention in page as if this mistake was accident, do i? It might more likely be because of Dardar's lack of intelligence of english language - and mind itself, seems.. Should this be added to the text that's attached to this grave image, huh?
War, what is he good for?[edit source]
When you talk with Beauty, she says about War that he's good for nothing, huh! To which the player answers; "say it again".
This is a direct reference to the song War by Edwin Starr;
Could someone please put it in the trivia? TY
Info for Trivia[edit source]
Actually without completing the event , you still can find Pumpkin Pete. Completing the event is not necessary.
Can someone edit the image guide for the fireworks bit? You can go straight from 22 to 25, skipping a few unneccessary steps. Bluefire2 18:38, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
You can also go straight from 13 to 16 .
Didn't see that one, but - my point exactly? Bluefire2 18:38, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Somebody get a picture of the noticeboard BEFORE completion of the event and BEFORE speaking to any of the NPC's. -A Delightful Anonymous 22.214.171.124 00:48, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
"Deathcon" title[edit source]
Doesn't anyone else think it's kinda stolen/a reference to Blizzcon? (Ya'know, that event that just happened this weekend? "VIP pass" and "Deathcon T-Shirt" too)
Nope, Chuck Testa. Most conferences and festivals about games and such have Con at the end, such as Comicon, Minecon and others. They're all a rip off of Comicon . Walk here (5 more options) ▸ Choose OptionUse Archoncy (Level: 93)Talk to Archoncy (Level: 93)Sign Archoncy (Level: 93) Pickpocket Archoncy (Level: 93)Examine Archoncy (Level: 93)Cancel 16:43, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
How do we get to see the fire works & deaths speach? Theres pictures here but I can't seem to trigure it ingame.
Fame's special event.[edit source]
Can we have the solutions to the questions asked in the puzzle books as well?
- Currently that info can be found on Runefest puzzle book. 18:18, October 30, 2011 (UTC)
Fame only one to smoke?[edit source]
Fame is not the only one to smoke in runescape the goblin from the Pit D&D smokes a cigar
so i dont think the line about fame smoking should be in the Trival section
In reference to direct challenge of edits /Locked Halloween Page.[edit source]
Mr. S. Chuppa. I could have told you the same thing, to move it to Talk. Is there something you wanted to say?
Gravestones in trivia[edit source]
I think we should put the gravestone jokes in the trivia for this article rather than in the individual gravestone articles, because they seem to me to be more relevant as a set of jokes than spread across 14 articles. On the other hand, it may seem to make the trivia too long. This is how I would put it in the trivia:
- The gravestone gallery features a variety of jokes:
- The Font of Life reads "The only font you'll ever need. Comics Sans need not apply.". Comic Sans is a well-known typeface.
- The Angel of Death reads "This gravestone model is selling like hotcakes. Blink and you'll miss it!". This is a reference to the Doctor Who episode "Blink", featuring the Weeping Angels, which appear to be statues until they're unobserved, including if the unfortunate observer blinks.
- The royal dwarven gravestone reads "The only way to meet a dwarf taller than you! (You know, because they're short and stuff.)"
- The stele reads "It's a deal, it's a stele, it's the sale of the century!". This is a play on the pronunciation of "stele".
- The Symbol of Armadyl reads "This Armadyl gravestone design is literally* flying of[sic] the shelves! (*Read: figuratively.)"
- The Symbol of Bandos reads "Craggyteeth woz 'ere."
- The Symbol of Guthix reads "Nature and the environment your thing? How about this 'green' option?"
- The Ancient Symbol reads "Requiescat in pace. IX."
- The Symbol of Saradomin reads "Come down with the blues? Order this gravestone now!"
- The Symbol of Zamorak reads "Are you red or dead? Face entropy in style!". This is likely a reference to the Red Dead series of video games, as well as the concept of entropy.
- The memorial plaque reads "Used as new, low mileage, just one careful owner. Free to a good home.". This is a reference to used car sales, and the fact that the previous "owner" could only have used it once.
- The flag reads "Give in to the ultimate surrender with this little white flag!"
- The small gravestone reads "The epitaph on this marker is as plain as the stone."
- The ornate gravestone reads "Make sure to buy this ornate grave marker before you 'buy the big one'."
- Agreed, they also only feature inside the now removed holiday event. So they are no longer related to the actual gravestones in game and would have a better home in the now historical article about said event. 00:59, November 10, 2011 (UTC)