Talk:2009 Easter event
- I only followed the other events, see 2008 Easter event, 2007 Easter event. Every event is like that. Nacho Novo9 11:22, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
Just merge them, they're practically duplicates of one another.. Raven White1 03:00, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Should the information on this article be transferred to Splitting Heirs? The latter is the actual name of the event, and this is basically a duplicate of the Splitting Heirs article. 13:28, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
think should be, would take a lot of cleaning to tidy it up,
best just to remove splitting heirs, --Superior demonic 13:31, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps one of the articles should be made into a redirect page as well. I'll wait until an admin comes by. 13:34, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
It should be merged inot 2009 easter event, as this keeps it with the other events - splitting heirs should be set to redirect to here. --Goodison Goomba 13:55, 8 April 2009 (UTC) (First Video Of Easter Reward!)
I think that it should be merged into the 2009 easter article / news14:46, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
I think it should be merged into splitting heirs, because this is the official name of the event and all the events before didn't have names.--Nylls 15:35, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
Oh for goodness sakes...merge it because the other page is in MUCH greater detail and actually segmented to make it easier to find where you are stuck, and then simply rename the page Easter 2009 : Splitting Heirs ... tadaa, everyone is happy --Arrow Del 18:56, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
I say redirect. Just because the event IS the quest. Just redirect 2009 Easter Event to Splitting Hairs. Kahlen 20:10, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
I don't think they should be merged and this article should say 'for the main article look at Splitting Heirs' under the section where the quest is described now. Since we need a page for every quest and event. Heijn 20:26, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- No matter what article is directed, we should merge them in any directions to start with, so that people stop editing the same event at two locations. The redirect fantatics may then calmly and however long discuss what should point where and when, why and how! Delapaco 23:00, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
I think we should change it into Splitting Heirs once the easter event is taken away. Or just have two copies of this page.
One could merge the Splitting Heirs guide into the Splitting Heirs article. This page should give a brief overview of what happened Easter 2009 and Splitting Heirs should be the walkthrough. Since the Splitting Heirs section is practically duplicated (as others said above) it is definitely worth removing the detailed walkthrough from the Easter 2009 page! (IMHO) Geotim90 08:12, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
I think that we ought to have this page as it keeps in style with all our other Easter articles (see 2007 Easter event and 2008 Easter event). This event was different from our latest holiday events (e.g. 2008 Christmas event) because unlike the 2008 Christmas event which has Event + Quest, this Easter event only has the Quest. Like Geotim has said, this page should give a brief overview of what happened this Easter while the walkthrough for the quest should be on the Splitting Heirs page. This being said, we might want to wait until the event is over and see what changes are made. C.ChiamTalk 12:32, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure the emote is a reference to something, but I can't remember... --King x treme 13:48, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- Ehm...around the world in eighty days? 13:50, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- Nope,The emote is name 'Around the world in Eggty days' And the image of the emote is: Image:Around_the_world_in_eggty_days.png
There is a grammatical error when first meeting the Easter Bunny. After the Easter Bunny says he is getting too old, in the sentence " I'm getting too old for this chocolate delivery job, so I went away on a little holiday, HOPPING that would refresh me. The Hopping should me Hoping.
- think its more a play on words, not an error, --Superior demonic 22:09, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- It is definately a game of words, as there are many of them in the talk with the easter bunny. For example: hair - hare. The player character makes the same kind of jokes along the way of the event. Delapaco 23:02, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- That wouldn't be a grammatical error as grammar has to do with sentence structure. If anything, it could be considered a spelling error; it most likely is just a failed attempt at humor though. I really want there to be new things added to the game that actually are funny, such as the portrayal of player character stereotypes in some quests' cutscenes (a guard killer in one scene actually made me lolirl, if such a thing is to be believed by the internet.)
Where do you get the imp jars. I cant find them anywhere 220.127.116.11 22:48, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
I think the article Splitting Heirs will be of no interest after the event, since nobody will be able to do it again. I would merge the articles into the Easter 2009 holiday event page (like the others)! Geotim90 08:15, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
Quest Template[edit source]
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the use of the quest template here? This is NOT a quest, it is a holiday event. I know it is a bit nit picky, but it just bothers me for some reason. Cj collins
- "A Rooster in a Cereal box" Which cereal box?, It is not advertising, it is explaining the ad by jagex. Please add more info. (by the way, it is not kellog's. It is definitely not like it)
- "Heirs is a homonym for hare, a similar animal to a rabbit, and also hair." and "*While training the squirrels, there is a doll that looks like General Graardor" have already been mentioned. Don't get overexcited, it leads to double posting.
- "While talking to Big Ben, he states "I's knows what I's wants and I's knows how ta get it". this may be a reference to the song "Anarchy in the U.K" by the Sex Pistols." In what way to that specific song? I have seen that in other places (a movie, but I can't remember)
- "While talking to Big Ben, he tells you to call him Big Ben or "the Lord and Master" this is a reference to Foamy" erm... come again? What exactly do you mean here?
Twitter Update[edit source]
Just got this Tweet from Jagex's channel at 15:56, 20 April 2009 (UTC) "OfficialJagex: RS - Well that's the factory fixed, I wonder what the kids up north have been up to whilst we've been busy splitting heirs?..."
I first thought they meant the bunnies up north around Relleka and the outlaying islands, but I went there and there's nothing new. What do you make of this?
- Many of the Mahjarrat have been heading north, so we may have a bit of a problem with 'em soon. WWTDD? 16:41, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
bunny hole[edit source]
durring the event players went into the cholate factory/bunnyhole (call it watever u want) the point is this area was
only availible durring the event wat would happen if you stayed inside the hole and didn't complete the event after jagex got rid of it
wat would happen to u
would u end up back in lumby?
some interesting questions nonetheless Manofflames6 01:03, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
The link at the bottom of Trivia doesn't seem to work anymore. Can someone delete it? --20:45, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Finally logged back in after leaving during event[edit source]
I finally logged back in today after leaving during event, and down the rabbit hole. It started me south of Falador, just south of were the bunny hole was. I didn't get the emotes or the carrot. I did unlock the music. --Darkwings1123 03:15, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
I'm a bit confused as to why this needs to warn of spoilers. everyone has either done it or is now incapable of doing it ever, so how could this spoil anything? I havent made many edits to this wiki yet, and I'm still trying to learn how some stuff works. thanks for answering if you do, fire b ird 14:46, March 29, 2010 (UTC)