Talk:2008 Market Dip
- I put it in the category, but sure I guess. Planeshifted 23:19, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
Third Age[edit source]
It was listed as going down, but actually it has been going up
01:02, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Nature, Law, Blood, and Death Rune Prices[edit source]
I know these aren't along the same line as the God Swords, but I wouldn't mind a little speculation on why the prices of these 4 runes had dropped so much over the past few months. They have been inching up recently (which could be attributed to the release of the RC'ing Guild), but prior to the release of the Runecrafting guild, they had just kept dropping. Laws for instance were steady around 340 and then were well below 300. I even thought that Deaths had a set price since the never changed until they began to drop as well. Vadanea 04:59, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- Did these price drops occur at August 20?Planeshifted 05:19, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- No, it was a gradual drop over a month or so. I didn't know that this was a crash over the last couple weeks (I didn't ready it carefully enough, sorry) perhaps the name of the page could say August 2008 Market Crash then or something a little more descriptive of when it occured. Could item lending have played a role in all this? Why buy when you can borrow it.... Vadanea 05:25, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- True, I'm going to add that to one of the possible reasons. C.ChiamTalk 05:54, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
I don't see any rare discontinued items as going down. All the holiday items are pretty much staying the same, with only the yellow partyhat changing a bit. All the other things like half wine, easter eggs, disks of returning, are just sitting there. I'll leave that on the front for now though but I'll continue to search through the rares.
12:08, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- I didn't find anything rare or discontinued that was crashing, so I'll remove that. 12:16, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
down the bottom in references there is a link to the website Zybez about Jagex censoring the market crash. It is completely fake since the dates in the pictures don't match. The before the price crash shot is actually from before the crash. The after price is from a completely different date that was earlier then the first one. I am not sure if that makes sense but if you look at it it might make more sense.
Basically I think that it should be removed
Evil yanks 08:19, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Most traded items[edit source]
I also noticed that along with the drop, the order of the "most traded items" list switched around a lot, as well as the quantities in which they were sold. For example, there was a massive drop in the amount of fire and mind runes traded. What do you guys think? Butterman62 (talk) 01:45, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Is it just me, or is there an ad on the page? Anyone know a way to get it off? --18.104.22.168 21:21, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- If you wish to view wikia articles without ads you will have to create a wikia account. :). --Whiplash 21:24, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
Possible Causes[edit source]
One Idea I had as to what may of caused the dip was that August-September are traditionally when many students return to school. And one of the things going to school does is cut into RuneScape time so my theory is that many sold their items since they figured cash would be better to keep when the returned to playing in the future.