The Swamp creature appears in the Temple Trekking minigame during the boat trip of route 3. It consists of five parts, a level-100 head and four level-97 tentacles. The tentacles can hit anywhere on the boat, but will usually only attack the player's follower when the follower is directly in front of one of the swamp creature parts. Poisoning one part poisons all parts. If the head is near death and a tentacle is still alive, it will return to full health. The Head can hit very hard, but doesn't often and is also very slow. It is recommended to kill the part attacking your follower first, but not get too close to the head.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- The swamp creature resembles the monster in the POH tentacle pool.
- Before the evolution of combat update when a tentacle is spawned it would display a combat level of 136 instead of 99. After it spawned its combat would show as level 99.
- After the EoC when a tentacle or the head spawns it briefly shows it as having 1 LP and a weakness to crush.
- Mod Hulme confirmed that the monster's name was Barry.
- There is currently a glitch that removes the players compass from the minimap during this event, on completion or desertion, the compass remains missing until the players relogs.