Surgeon General Tafani was the lead surgeon at the Duel Arena prior to the earthquake that changed it into Het's Oasis. She can be found in a building in northern Al Kharid. She, along with Jaraah can heal players for free, restoring life points (equal to 20 + 20% of max life points (LP) each time, e.g. healing 1100 if you have 5400 max LP). They cannot cure poison.
Tafani, as the master of Constitution, sells the Constitution cape to members with level 99 in Constitution for 99,000 coins.
She has a small role in Our Man in the North, where she speculates that the player, having just come from a duel with Ambassador Jabari, is suffering from head trauma. They are actually speaking to Het, who is invisible to the staff of the Duel Arena.
|| Sell price
|| Buy price
|| GE price
|| Resale value
|Constitution cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Constitution hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (−96,000)|
|Constitution cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Constitution master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (−48,000)|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- 4 January 2022 (Update):
- Surgeon General Tafani was moved from the Duel Arena (now Het's Oasis) to the eastern room of the northernmost house of Al Kharid.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- The Duel Arena nurses' hands no longer stretch when healing the player.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a nurse's skillcape in the Duel Arena hospital.
- 20 March 2007 (Update):
- Graphically updated, and examine changed from "This nurse really knows her stuff." to "This doctor really knows her stuff."
- 18 October 2006 (Update):
- Renamed from "Tafani" to "Surgeon General Tafani"
- update 25 March 2004 (Update):
- Added to the RuneScape 2 Beta
- The symbol on the medical apron and the nurse's hat worn by Tafani and her nurses is a red Saradomin symbol. This symbol may be a reference to one of the emblems used by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, an international humanitarian movement with aims to protect human life and health. The emblem, a red cross on a white background is the original protection symbol declared at the 1864 Geneva Conventions. This emblem is used in armed conflicts to mark persons and objects (buildings, vehicles, etc.) which are working in compliance with the rules of the Geneva Conventions.
- Shortly after the Hitpoints to constitution update, she would still offer to sell a hitpoints cape. This was fixed the next day.
- Tafani is one of only six female NPCs that sells a Cape of accomplishment, the other five being Hunting expert, Kuradal, Larriar, Orla Fairweather, and Acting Guildmaster Reiniger.
- When she heals a player she appears to be using the same animation that is used to pickpocket an NPC.
- When the player checks in with Surgeon General Tafani following the collapse of the Duel Arena and creation of Het's Oasis in January 2022, she says she has been through worse, specifically "The Pineapple Incident." This is likely a reference to The Pineapple Incident, which is the tenth episode of season 1 of the U.S. television series How I Met Your Mother.