Superior leviathan ring
|Superior leviathan ring|
|Release||7 January 2014 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|A ring made of materials from the East capable of deflecting incoming damage.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The superior leviathan ring is a level 85 piece of jewellery from the Eastern Lands, unlocked through player-owned ports. Its name refers to the Leviathan, a dangerous sea monster. It has a unique ability: a 5% chance per attack to reduce the incoming damage of an attack by 50% (rounded up).
The ring can be made at 90 Crafting in the port's workshop, using 100 pearls and giving 10,000 Crafting experience, after collecting the four parts of the leviathan ring eastern scroll. As with all craftable items in the workshop, boosts will not work.
The superior leviathan ring lasts for 100,000 charges of combat (a minimum of around 17 hours) before degrading and requiring repair. It can be repaired by a Repair NPC or at a player-owned house armour stand for coins, or at the Port workbench using pearls. A full recharge costs:
- Repair NPCs: 600,000 coins
- armour stand: 300,000 coins (at 99 Smithing with a Smithing cape)
- Ports workbench: 50 pearls
The passive effect can activate on any incoming damage, including:
- Being hit by a monster or player
- Poison damage
- Failing agility obstacles and shortcuts
- Failing to pickpocket a monster
- Other sources of typeless damage (e.g. desert heat and icy area outside of the God Wars Dungeon, the Queen Black Dragon's fire walls and intense fire, attempting to eat a rock cake, etc.)
This makes the ring ideal for players taking the tanking role. When the passive activates, it will reduce just the damage that activated it, not all damage taken that tick. A filtered chatbox message is given when the effect activates:
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Unlock the Leviathan ring Scroll in your Player Owned Ports|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Superior leviathan ring when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 600,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|600000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Repairing with pearls costs half a pearl per percentage, rounded up to the nearest integer. For example: If the charge is at 59%, the repair required is 41%. The pearl cost would be 41 divided by 2, or 20.5. This would be rounded up to 21 pearls. Currently, one Pearl is worth 4,013.06 coins coins when making a tradeable leviathan ring, and 6,000 coins coins when used to repair a superior leviathan ring at level 99 Smithing.
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Hybrid armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- Tetsu, Seasinger's, Death Lotus armour, Reefwalker's cape and Leviathan ring no longer show Constitution as a requirement in the skill guide.
- ninja 13 October 2014 (Update):
- patch 24 February 2014 (Update):
- The repair cost for superior leviathan ring and superior reefwalker's cape is now considerably less harsh.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The superior leviathan ring along with the superior reefwalker's cape are the only superior player-owned port pieces that have the (worn) suffix when not in their perfect state.
- The ring uses the same animation as elite training dummies and the Aegis aura.