|Released||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Sunken Pyramid is a dungeon home to the Order of the Slayer Masters, allowing players to become a Slayer Master. To enter the dungeon, players are required to have level 99 Slayer. Partial completion of The Jack of Spades is also required to reach it.
A ghostspeak amulet or cramulet is required in order to speak to Faiza, unless the player has completed the hard Morytania achievements. The ushabti can be placed in either the Chest of Souls or in a room of the Slayer Dungeon, both of which register the monster in the Slayer Codex. Placing the ushabti in the Chest of Souls will not add the monster to a room.
Dungeon info[edit | edit source]
|Player-owned slayer dungeon|
|Databox • Talk page|
Getting there[edit | edit source]
To travel to the pyramid, players may take a boat from Menaphos by speaking to Portmaster Kags on the south-western dock in the Ports district. Portmaster Kags is quickly accessible if their player-owned house is located in Menaphos (requires completion of The Jack of Spades) with House Teleport. If your house is not in Menaphos, two alternative methods include; A Teleport to house tablet after completion of the Love Story quest, or a Port District Teleport . Otherwise, they have to teleport to the Menaphos lodestone and use the tomb transportation to the Ports District.
Players can also teleport there using the Slayer Codex if they have captured at least 50 different monster souls.
Chest of Souls[edit | edit source]
There is a Chest of Souls inside the pyramid that when clicked, makes a ghost named Faiza appear. She will inform players that they can become their own slayer master by capturing the soul of slayer monsters, and will provide them with 25-50 ushabti (the player's Slayer level determines the amount given), along with the Slayer Codex to keep track of slayer monsters that the player has captured.
Souls can be captured off or on a task. The chance of obtaining a soul doubles when killing the monster on a slayer task (or when a player is at level 120 Slayer; this does not stack with the on-task bonus). There are a total of 165 monster souls that need to be captured. Players must have an empty ushabti to be able to capture souls from slayer monsters. Players are not required to possess or equip the Slayer Codex in order to capture souls. Capturing a soul rewards a small amount of slayer experience. Souls are automatically captured if eligible when the monster is killed. Monsters killed in the Sunken Pyramid cannot fill an ushabti.
In order to capture all 165 souls, players will need to have 117 Slayer (in addition to other requirements; refer to the monsters' page for other requirements). Although the slayer requirement can be boosted at 111 Slayer via use of wilder pie, players relying on the boost method need to contemplate using many of them, as it can take them a lot of kills for the desired soul.
If a player clicks on the Chest of Souls with any number of filled ushabti in their inventory, all filled ushabti will be added to the Chest and cannot be recovered. Players wishing to add filled ushabti to their slayer dungeon must place them inside of the empty chambers.
Slayer Dungeon[edit | edit source]
The Sunken Pyramid allows players to create a personalized slayer dungeon. Ushabti can be placed in the empty chambers past the Chest of Souls, which creates monster spawns in the dungeon that can be killed for profit and experience. Placing ushabti award Slayer XP and counts towards completion of the Slayer Codex.
The slayer monsters in the personal slayer dungeon will drop most items that are dropped by the same monsters elsewhere in RuneScape, including Champion's scrolls. A unique function of the slayer dungeon is that monsters may occasionally respawn instantly upon death.
The dungeon contains three chambers, each holding up to 5 monsters. The south-eastern room can hold only small monsters, while the two northern rooms hold both large and small monsters. The classification of monsters as small or large is listed at Slayer codex.
To place a monster spawn, enter building mode from the front door of the Sunken Pyramid, then use a filled ushabti on one of the hotspots provided, similar to training Construction in a player-owned house. Each filled ushabti fills one of the five slots in a room. Once confirmed, the monster spawn will be placed in that location.
The slayer creatures can later be removed and the monster spawn will then disappear. Once placed, a spawn cannot normally be moved from one area to another. However, a perk can be bought from any Slayer master for 1,000 slayer points, which allows the spawns to be moved. This is controlled from the Slayer master's Ouija board in the centre of the dungeon.
If a player dies inside the pyramid, their grave will appear outside the pyramid's entrance, near Portmaster Kags.
Popular choices[edit | edit source]
The dungeon is popular for both money-making and high combat/slayer experience rates, depending on what is in the dungeon.
It can also be used to AFK while killing monsters, often by using an aggression potion, that are difficult or impossible to AFK at their regular locations.
Popular choices include the following:
- Shadow creatures (Prifddinas variations): for farming elite clue scrolls and/or hunting the Penny pet
- Armadyl / Zamorak spiritual mages or spiritual warriors: for AFK money making and/or farming Warpriest armour to disassemble into Armadyl / Zamorak components
- Players who are not wearing the corresponding god-aligned equipment can AFK them without the need for aggression potions; once the aggression wears off, it can be quickly reset by leaving and reentering the dungeon
- Capsarius: for AFK money making; also an easy way to complete the Ascension members slayer assignment
- Crystal Shapeshifters: for slayer assignments, farming Tarddian crystals, and/or hunting the Ancient elven wedding ring
- Ripper demons: for slayer assignments (makes it easier to see their special attack) and/or farming binding contracts
- Earth warriors: for hunting the Earth Warrior Champion's scroll
- Kal'gerion demons: for slayer assignments (closer spawns) and/or farming binding contracts
- Gemstone or metal dragons (rune only): for AFK slayer with one spawn only while standing underneath said spawn
- Smoke and shadow nihil: for farming smoke and shadow nihil pouch ingredients
Exceptions and restrictions[edit | edit source]
The following monsters cannot be placed in the dungeon:
- Monsters with environment mechanics: Wall beasts, Acheron mammoths, Wyverns
- Wilderness-exclusive monsters: Lava strykewyrms, Revenants
- Anachronia-exclusive monsters: Feral Dinosaur, Brutish Dinosaur, Venomous Dinosaur, Ripper Dinosaur, Devil's Snare, Luminous snaggler, Lampenflora, Liverwort
Monsters with requirements to kill them may still have those requirements:
- Gemstone dragons will still require payment fees if not being killed on a task.
- Monsters that require a finishing blow (including a consumable finishing blow) will still require that finishing blow (e.g. Corrupted creatures and Soul devourers still require Feather of Ma'at in order to be killed).
- Skeletal Wyverns require the completion of Elemental Workshop I in order to be fought while inside the dungeon.
- Glacyte require the completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat in order to be fought while inside the dungeon.
- Edimmu will still require a slayer task in order to be fought normally.
- However, they can still be killed off-task and without the required Slayer level through deflected damage and poison.
For monsters with multiple variants, some monsters always spawn the variant the soul was collected from, but other monsters spawn random variants:
- Kalphite, living rock creatures, automaton, muspah, Vyrewatch, and shades will randomly generate a variant of that monster each time it respawns. For example, placing an automaton soul can generate a guardian, generator or tracer.
- Ascension members' souls are still the same as usual, but one obtained from the Legiones causes a random member to spawn in its place.
- Scutarius souls can occasionally glitch and generate random members. The scutarii themselves may also despawn in combat without warning.
- Tormented demons will spawn with a random protection prayer active and use a random combat style, compared to the demons at the temple who always spawn with Protect from Melee and start with magic.
- An alternative model can also spawn in place of the standard, although there is no difference between the two.
In some cases, not all variants of a monster can spawn:
- Only adult dragons will spawn in the dungeon, even if the soul was originally obtained from a baby blue, baby red, or baby black dragon.
- Only Shades of Mort'ton shades are spawned, the shades found in the Stronghold of Security are not.
- Ice troll souls will spawn a mountain troll.
- Exiled kalphites are not spawned.
- When adding any elf souls, only elf warriors (the Lletya variants) will spawn.
- Nodon dragonkin souls placed within the pyramid will only spawn variants of the Nodon hunter, artificer, or guard. Although souls may be captured from Nodon engineers, Nodon siege engines, and Nodon enforcers, when placed in the Sunken Pyramid, it will revert to a hunter, artificer, or guard.
Restrictions or notes on other monsters:
- Some monsters that are normally aggressive in their original habitat, such as edimmu, are not within the dungeon.
- Ripper Demons retain their usual behaviour.
Social[edit | edit source]
Much like the player-owned house, players (with 99 Slayer) can visit other players' dungeons, provided that they have a monster in them. The owner does not have to be in the dungeon in order for others to enter; players can enter another's slayer dungeon as long as they are on the same world and have the appropriate friend settings on (set by right-clicking the entrance to the dungeon). Ironman accounts are unable to use other players' dungeons, but an ironman player's dungeon can be used by regular accounts.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|10||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|20||1% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|30||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|40||2% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|50||New mural in dungeon lobby and ability to teleport to the pyramid via the Slayer Codex.|
|60||3% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|70||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|80||4% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|90||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|100||5% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|110||New mural in dungeon lobby and The History of Slayer achievement completed which is a master quest cape requirement.|
|165||Golden Slayer Master title and To Be a Master achievement completed which is a trimmed completionist cape requirement.|
- ^ Provided the red Slayer Master title from Rush of Blood is unlocked.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Am I a Slayer Master Yet? ( 40) – Place souls in every spot in your slayer dungeon inside the sunken pyramid.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- Kal'gerion Demon special attacks now correctly drag the player in and heal the Demon in player-owned Slayer Dungeons.
- ninja 9 November 2020 (Update):
- Vyrelords & ladies no longer appear erroneously as a separate entry in the Slayer Codex.
- The Personal Slayer Dungeon's Slayer master's Ouija board can now only be used while in Build Mode.
- ninja 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Slayer Masters will now teach the ability to use the Slayer Master's Ouija Board for 1,000 Slayer Points.
- Using the Slayer Master's Ouija Board within the Sunken Pyramid will allow you to customise the placement of creatures in your Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- Creatures can be freely moved between slots, but large monsters cannot be placed in the small chamber.
- Monsters with multiple variants will now consistently spawn as those variants when newly placed in the Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- This includes bears, blue dragons, cave crawlers, banshees, crawling hands, infernal mages, aberrant spectres, kurasks, desert lizards, zygomites, suqah, spiritual warriors, rangers and mages, jadinkos and tormented demons.
- Monsters placed prior to today's update will continue to spawn as random variants.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- You are now able to attack spiritual warriors in your own Player Owned Dungeon.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- An unattackable dog spawn has been removed from personal slayer dungeons.
- Vyres in a personal slayer dungeon will no longer be able to spawn as vampyre juvinates.
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- Placing and removing creatures now works as intended in the player-owned dungeon.
- You can no longer place Anachronia Slayer creatures in a player owned dungeon.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to create multiple player-owned Slayer dungeons.
- patch 20 November 2017 (Update):
- Players who have not read some post-quest dialogue after the Shilo Village Quest can now attack Hydrix dragons in the Sunken Pyramid.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The last mural for the Sunken Pyramid will now unlock at 110 souls captured instead of 90.
- patch 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Slasher demons can no longer get past the barriers in a Player-owned Slayer Dungeon.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- Icefiends on Ice Mountain now drop souls that can be collected by Ushabti Jars.
- Players can no longer get stuck when adding creatures to their Slayer dungeon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pyramid was first mentioned at RuneFest 2016.
- Logging out in the dungeon lobby will place players outside the Sunken Pyramid.
- Opening the door to the pyramid for the first time prompts the message: "You push at the door. At your touch, it opens and a hiss of air that smells hundreds of years old seeps out."
- Attempting to place a Wyvern within the dungeon prompts the message: "The soul rejects being placed inside the magical barrier. This creature cannot survive without the extreme cold."
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|