|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by masters of Summoning.|
|FAQ • doc|
The Summoning cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Summoning skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Summoning hood from Pikkupstix in Taverley by players who have achieved level 99 Summoning. It is pale blue in colour, and gains a gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. Players can also create the hooded summoning cape by using this cape on a summoning hood.
The cape's emote was changed on 25 February 2009 because it interfered with many other items of clothing and made the player invisible. It also caused other players around it to lag since it needed too much data. The cape was changed again on 25 May 2010 when Jagex introduced particles in skillcape emotes.
Talking to Pikkupstix gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Untrimmed[edit | edit source]
While gathering the charms for 99 Summoning, one usually maxes a combat skill along the way, which makes the untrimmed Summoning cape a very rare sight. If one is interested in making Summoning his or her first 99, he or she may try the following:
- Kill Bork daily
- Do Penguin Hide and Seek weekly
- Familiarise weekly and use the triple charm drops on waterfiends or glacors
- Participate in Troll Invasion monthly
- Spread your combat experience across all of Attack, Strength, Ranged, Magic, and Defence
- Spend all bonus experience on Summoning
- Pest Control or Conquest and spend all your commendations on summoning experience.
If one wishes to obtain charms with zero combat experience, he or she may hunt charm sprites, unlike common misconception, players who wish to obtain charms with zero combat experience cannot play Soul Wars and spend the zeal on charms due to the fact that a higher combat level is needed to purchase.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 158,237 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- Before 17 November 2009, the summoning cape did not have the typical "Boost" option that all skillcapes have.
- On the first days of the Evolution of Combat the Summoning skillcape had an armour rating of 270 which was the highest armour rating of any cape, other than max/completionist cape, in the game. This was presumed to be a glitch because its armour rating changed to match other skillcapes in the following update.