|Release||26 October 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? You cannot retrieve it.|
|High alch||399 coins|
|Low alch||266 coins|
|You can never have too many sugary treats...right?|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Sugar skulls are a food item obtainable from the Squeal of Fortune and 2014 Halloween event. Free players may receive sugar skulls, but cannot eat them. In the 2017 Halloween event, they were commonly obtained from Ghost treats. They are also obtainable from the 2017 Halloween event balloon drop as a common reward.
Sugar skulls did not receive an update to their healing power when the Evolution of Combat was released and so still healed 215 points even though relatively speaking this is not as much of a boost as before. This has been fixed on the player-owned ports update.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- "You feel the lasting effects of sugar"; some life points will be healed with an added healing.
- "The sugar gives you a rush of energy"; your run energy is restored back to 100%.
- "The sugar makes you feel more skillful"; all of your skills are boosted by 2, except for Prayer, Summoning, Constitution, Archaeology, and Invention.
- "The sugar was so nourishing you didn't need to eat it all."; some Life points are healed without consuming the item.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|2017 Halloween event||N/A||2–3||Common|
|Ghost treat||N/A||1||Common[f 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Treasure trail sweets, toffee apples and sugar skulls now heal an appropriate amount of lifepoints.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item looks similar to the clay skulls the player made during the Festival of the Dead. Both items are based on the Mexican Calaveras.
- This is one of the only 5 items to boost Dungeoneering, the others being the toffee apple, Noisette triangle key, Dungeoneering cape, and the Dungeoneering master cape. However, the boost cannot be used to access resource dungeons.
Tricks and Treats