The strong slayer helmet is a level 50 slayer helmet with bonuses equivalent to a hybrid rune full helm. It is made by upgrading a reinforced slayer helmet for 400 Slayer points at any Slayer Master, although subsequent upgrades will only cost 40 Slayer points. Players must be wearing the reinforced slayer helmet in order to upgrade it.
The slayer helmet is an all-class item, which means its armour stat is used in full when defending against any style. It can also be used as an enchanted gem.
For 500 Slayer points (or 50 Slayer points any time after first purchased), players can upgrade the helmet to fuse rings of slaying and ferocious rings, gaining some of the benefits of both.
The strong slayer helmet can be upgraded to the tier 3 upgraded helmet, the mighty slayer helmet, for 600 Slayer points, giving it better stats and a higher requirement to wear. If a player has upgraded the helmet at least once before but disassembled or lost it, it can be re-upgraded for only 60 Slayer points. The helmet must be equipped in order to upgrade it.
The strong slayer helmet combines the effects of several pieces of head slot Slayer equipment, all of which are required to create it:
The helmet retains the abilities of all the items used to make it. It still gives the effects that the black mask, hexcrest, and focus sight do, but with better defence and bonuses, making it one of the best helms for Slayer assignments. If the black mask still has charges, they must first be expended.
With the addition of Anachronia, a strong slayer helmet can be placed on the Slayer helmet stand of a Tier 3 Slayer Lodge. This allows the player to have the effects of the slayer helmet at all times, without needing to wear it.
For 4,000 Loyalty points, players can buy the ability to change the colour of their slayer helmet, and this works for all variations of slayer helmets except the most basic slayer helmet. By using the helmet on Xuan or Dilwyn, it can be recoloured to the colours blue, yellow, red, and green. Recolouring the full slayer helmet also changes the colour of the backplate to pastel pink. This ability cannot be refunded, but once bought, players can change the colour of their helmet as many times as they like. The pink backplate can only be removed/changed by reverting to the original colour. The four versions are:
Strong slayer helmet
|0 XP||-||1 (0.6s) ||-|
| Crafting level||55|
| Completion of Smoking Kills|
|Unlocked ability to create from a Slayer Master for 400 Slayer points|
| Members only|
Subsequent creations require one-tenth the original required Slayer points.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Equipping Slayer helmet from the bank now has wear in the options.
- patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
- Checking charges on the slayer helm now mentions teleports that are available to Morvran if the requirements are met.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Slayer helmets now correctly equip from the Bank menu.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The Rellekka Slayer Caves teleport option that is displayed when the ring of slaying or the slayer helm are activated has been renamed to "Fremennik Slayer Dungeon" to remain consistent with the name of the dungeon elsewhere.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to teleport to Morvran using the slayer helm teleport function without first unlocking the ability to do so.
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- Tiered slayer helmets now show the correct colour on chatheads.