A strong mining urn can be created at 48 Crafting by using an earth rune on a Strong mining urn (nr), and is used with the Mining skill to help with gaining experience. The urn is filled when the player has earned 2,000 Mining xp with the urn in inventory.
Once the strong mining urn is full, it can be teleported to Ernie for 400 Mining experience. It should be noted that you can only have 10 full urns at a time, regardless if they are in your bank or inventory
Extra gems found while mining will not fill the urn, though mining gem rocks will. Mining a shooting star does fill the urn. If mining multiple ores at once, using either Varrock armour or the reward effect of a shooting star, the urn only fills with experience from the first ore. The others do not count. Mining ores from a divine location will not contribute to filling the urn.
When a decorated mining urn is present in a player's inventory, a strong mining urn will take priority in filling, meaning that any level 70 or lower ore that is mined will fill the strong urn rather than the decorated. However, any ore requiring higher than 70 mining will fill the decorated urn. This lower tier priority also applies to cracked, fragile, and plain mining urns.
|70||2000|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Strong mining urn now works correctly in F2P.
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Mining Urns are now filled at the correct rate when using Crystallise.
- patch 31 July 2017 (Update):
- Mining urns now work with Crablets and Seren stones.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The teleport sound now plays after the correct duration.
- When the player selects 'Check Level' on a strong mining urn that is 50% full, a message appears saying "The strong mining urn is half full, or is it half empty?"