|Release||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can view the token at any time by visiting the Dungeoneering Tutor.|
|On death||Always a safe death|
|A token that doesn't seem to belong inside Daemonheim[sic]|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The strange token is a random drop from any monsters roaming any of the warped floors of Daemonheim. It is the twentieth Miscellaneous journal and looks exactly the same as the tokens earned in the Fist of Guthix minigame. Why this item is found so deep in Daemonheim is a mystery. It is regarded as the rarest journal drop. It has a drop rate of 1/50,000, and rolls after succeeding a journal drop roll but failing a Marmaros and Thok journal roll. However, owning all of the Marmoros and Thok journals does not increase the chance of receiving the strange token. Complexity does not influence the drop rate, nor does hard mode. Because of its very rare drop rate, Jagex excluded it as a requirement for the Master quest cape.
It can be shown to the smuggler (use it on him). He keeps it and it shows up in the Dungeoneering journal, although this is not necessary for it to appear in the journal. Drinking a Perfect plus potion and wearing the Dungeoneering master cape help to improve the drop rate drastically. It can be obtained multiple times, even after being added to the journal.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
What is this doing here? It doesn't look like it belongs in Daemonheim.
- Player: Could you tell me what this is used for?
- Smuggler: Uh... I've never seen anything like that... Let me see it. ... It's uh... It's not mine if that's what you're asking.
- Player: Hmmm, okay. If you say so.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The strange token is identical to a fist of guthix token.
- Previously, attempting to trade the token would get the player kicked out of the dungeon along with the message: "To save your items from Daemonheim's taint, you are removed from the party." This was changed on 15 January 2018.
- A lootbeam appears for the token if it is dropped.
- If the token is not shown to the Smuggler, it will still show up in the journal after being removed from the inventory at floor completion.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Mod Manti. "Dev Blog: QP master cape." 6 August 2015. RuneScape Ninja Team Forums.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Manti's Twitter account. 7 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 14 November 2015.) Mod Manti: "It's basically 50 times rarer, only dropped on warped floors and will only drop if you fail to get the more common journals.;)"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Manti's Twitter account. 8 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 14 November 2015.) Mod Manti: "you have to hit X to get a chance at journal, then Y to get M&T, if you fail Y - you get a chance at Z (strange token)"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Manti's Twitter account. 8 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 14 November 2015.) Mod Manti: "that is also true. Also having M&T doesn't improve ST chances. It's just not an easy-to-get drop basically."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Manti's Twitter account. 7 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 14 November 2015.) Mod Manti: "PSA: Marmaros and Thok journals' dropping floors since it has been asked quite a lot. - Pefect dungeoneering potion does help (perf+ does work as well). - Floor difficulty should not affect the drop chance."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Manti's Twitter account. 8 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 14 November 2015.) Mod Manti: "not that I saw, no."