Bottled stone spirit
A stone spirit is a Mining-related item dropped by various monsters. When a player mines a specific ore while holding a stone spirit of the same type in their inventory, the spirit is consumed, granting an additional piece of ore (i.e. doubles the ore rate). No additional experience is awarded for the extra ore.
Stone spirits were introduced as part of the Mining and Smithing rework to replace ores from monster drop tables. This encourages players to mine ores directly, rather than obtaining them through drops. All stone spirits are stackable and each individual spirit produces a single piece of ore, allowing miners to hoard these items for double ore yields.
If more than one ore was gained (e.g. through double ore chance), still only one stone spirit is consumed and one additional ore gained (for a total of three; base, one from the double ore chance, one from the stone spirit). However, if the base ore received is more than one (for example, five are given at once when mining Concentrated gold or coal), then that many stone spirits are used (in the case of concentrated rocks, five stone spirits are used to give a total of ten ore).
Types of stone spirits[edit | edit source]
Each type of stone spirit stacks with its own type. All stone spirits are tradeable. There is one type of stone spirit for each of the core ores, silver ore, and gold ore:
|Stone spirit||GE price||Ore GE price||Profit per spirit|
|Copper stone spirit||29||162||133|
|Tin stone spirit||42||47||5|
|Iron stone spirit||58||405||347|
|Coal stone spirit||29||81||52|
|Silver stone spirit||37||68||31|
|Gold stone spirit||80||242||162|
|Mithril stone spirit||83||173||90|
|Adamantite stone spirit||90||253||163|
|Runite stone spirit||825||1,101||276|
|Luminite stone spirit||849||1,038||189|
|Orichalcite stone spirit||573||1,028||455|
|Drakolith stone spirit||952||1,684||732|
|Necrite stone spirit||670||1,955||1,285|
|Phasmatite stone spirit||808||1,881||1,073|
|Banite stone spirit||2,431||2,601||170|
|Light animica stone spirit||5,452||3,661||-1,791|
|Dark animica stone spirit||3,234||3,628||394|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Salvage and Stone Spirits are now in the correct category on the website.
- Stone spirits now have a higher buy limit of 25,000 on the Grand Exchange.
- Stone Spirits have had their examine texts shortened as they were previously too long.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- All ore and bars have been replaced with consumable "stone spirits" which double ore yields when carried while mining.
- Juju mining potions now have a chance to give free stone spirits when mining. (Stone spirits double ore yield.) Perfect juju mining potions make mining faster when using stone spirits.