Stone of power
|Stone of power|
|Release||9 April 2008 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can get a new stone from one of the dispensers at the edge of the arena.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||? (edit)|
|A stone used to gather energy.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A stone of power is an item players in the role of "the Hunted" use in the Fist of Guthix minigame to gather charges, which is the objective of "the Hunted". The stone acts as a two-handed weapon (but cannot be used to attack) and must be wielded to gain charges. Upon starting the minigame, the Hunted will obtain a stone of power from a dispenser located near the player's spawn location.
Once held, charges are gained in groups every three seconds. The amount of charges gained depends on how close the player is to the centre of the arena. Three charges will be granted if the player is at the outer edge of the arena, progressing to six, 10, 15, 21 and finally 28 charges per three seconds in the centre of the arena. Every six charges (18 seconds) "the Hunted" will take 5% damage if they stand in one of the two innermost zones. If standing in one of the four outer zones, the player will take 2% damage. The player's statistics will also be drained whist holding the Stone of power; the severity of which also increases with proximity to the centre.[source needed]
The stone holds a maximum of 5,000 charges. A Fist of Guthix round lasts a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Gaining 28 charges every 3 seconds, it takes 179 increments to gain 5,000 charges (8 minutes and 57 seconds).
- Gaining 21 charges every 3 seconds, it takes 239 increments to gain 5,000 charges (11 minutes and 57 seconds).
- Gaining 15 charges every 3 seconds, it takes 334 increments to gain 5,000 charges (16 minutes and 42 seconds).
- Gaining 10 charges every 3 seconds, it takes 500 increments to gain 5,000 charges (25 minutes).
- Gaining 6 charges every 3 seconds, it takes 834 increments to gain 5,000 charges (41 minutes and 42 seconds).
- Gaining 3 charges every 3 seconds, it takes 1,667 increments to gain 5,000 charges (1 hour 23 minutes and 21 seconds).
The approximate locations of the charge increment zone boundaries are as follows:
- 3: The outer edge.
- 6: In between the outer edge and where the minimap turns greenish.
- 10: Where the minimap turns greenish. A distinctive straight row of impassable rocks that players often hide behind is a good marker.
- 15: Around where the four houses are.
- 21: In between the four houses and the centre.
- 28: The centre, which is made clear by a circle of distressed, glowing ground.
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stone of power is the joint fourth heaviest item in the game, tying with the barrelchest anchor and below the gold helmet, barrel of naphtha, and big rock.