Stiles can be found south of the Karamja Volcano. He aids players fishing on the Musa Point docks. Stiles will note (both raw and cooked) tuna, lobsters and swordfish free of charge. Stiles wants to be the fourth brother of Miles's family. They used to, in RuneScape Classic, exchange items to Certificate.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- Stiles' animation has been fixed so that his head isn't trapped in a lobster cage.
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- Fixed Stiles's animation so his head isn't trapped in a lobster cage.
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- A new bank NPC near Musa Point can now convert your fish into bank notes, which should prove quite useful.
- His release caused the price of fish, including lobsters, swordfish, tuna, sharks and others, to plummet due to him being close to the Musa Point fishing spot, due to players not having to bank during fishing.
- His name was Nigel, but he changed it to Stiles after being inspired by Niles, Miles and Giles, three NPCs that used to work in Draynor Village noting various items until the current bank noting system came out. They used to be a part of the recurring random events.
- He says he sits so far from the spots because he hates the smell of bananas. A Slayer Master offered him a nose peg, but he refused because he has a "tender nose".
- He appears to be trying to fix a crayfish cage. This is the same animation of the Fishing Tutor. This is despite that he only works with lobsters, tuna and swordfish. Even the patch notes refers to it as a "lobster cage"; this is incorrect, as his cage has 4 bars on each side, a square opening at the top and a more greyish colour of a crayfish cage. A lobster pot has 6 bars on two sides, no opening on top and a more brownish colour.