For this item's upgraded variants, see +1
A steel pickaxe is level 20 pickaxe. It requires level 20 Mining to use.
It can be made at a forge and anvil using 2 steel bars, requiring 600 progress to complete, granting a total of 150 Smithing experience. It can be upgraded to a steel pickaxe + 1 with another 2 bars.
|Steel pickaxe + 1
The steel pickaxe can be gilded by the Liquid Gold Nymph after receiving the full golden mining suit, creating the gilded steel pickaxe. It is cosmetic and gives no more bonuses than the regular pickaxe.
This pickaxe can be stored on the tool belt.
|Damage (per swing)
|150 XP||-||Varies [recipe 1]||6,041|
| Smithing level||20|
|You must use a normal Anvil or Forge|
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
A steel pickaxe can be obtained from the tomb with a pickaxe on it, in the Tomb of Catolax. This requires having started Smoking Kills.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- The steel pickaxes wielded by dwarves still use the old graphics.
- The Mining instructor on Tutorial Island appeared to be wielding a steel pickaxe.