Steel nails, along with other nails, are primarily used in the Construction skill to make furniture and can also be used in the Fletching skill to make brutal arrows. They can be smithed on an anvil with 20 Smithing and one steel bar; players will receive 75 nails and 75 Smithing experience for doing so.
Steel nails are tradeable and quite cheap, although they do break occasionally. They may be purchased from the Sawmill operator in either Prifddinas or the Lumber Yard, obtained as loot from a young impling (in quantities of 5), and are a rare product generated by ava's accumulator. They may be obtained during the quest In Aid of the Myreque. There are also 4 spawns in the west ruins spot in level 23 Wilderness, around the anvil.
Steel nails ×75
|75 XP||-||Varies [r 1]||4,275|
| Smithing level||20|
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 26 January 2015 (Update):
- A reference to steel nails as members' objects has been removed.
- Unlike most nails, steel nails make a metallic sound when dropped, opposed to a "thump."
- Before the update that introduced other metallic nails, steel nails were just known as nails and were made in lesser quantities per bar. The required amount for quests was also lower than current values due to this.