|Release||31 March 2008 (Update)|
|Special moves||Steel of legends|
|Examine||The King of the Titans!|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The steel titan uses all three forms of combat. Melee and ranged attacks are performed depending on the titan's proximity to the monster it is focused on. Its magic attack is cast periodically where it slams both of its hands together and launches a projectile at the focused monster.
They used to be the strongest combat familiars that could be used, but this was taken over by Ripper demons with the release of Archaeology. Despite this, the steel titan is still particularly useful for many combat situations if costs are being accounted for.
Steel titan pouch[edit | edit source]
|178 ( 4,450)||20
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||8,723||125 (3,125)||99|
|I can summon a steel titan familiar with this.|
Steel titan pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 178 spirit shards, a crimson charm and a steel ingot in the inventory, and 99 Summoning. Making the pouch earns 435.2 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a steel titan gains 4.9 experience points, and costs 100 Summoning points.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Steel of Legends scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||9 (225)||99|
|A scroll for a steel titan familiar.|
Steel of Legends scroll enables the use of the Steel of Legends special move for a steel titan. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls. The scrolls may be handed to the titan, allowing it to cast its special attack without having any scrolls in your inventory, freeing up a single slot. The titan can store up to 500 scrolls, and dropped in a manner similar to a BoB (though the scrolls will return to the player if they die, whereas the BoB just drops it on the ground) or if it is dismissed/expires.
Steel of Legends[edit | edit source]
Steel of Legends is the steel titan's special move, which causes the steel titan's next attack to inflict four ranged or melee hits (depending on distance from its target) instead of one. This attack may be used up to 3 times in a row, or 4 if wearing the spirit cape. This scroll takes ~10 game ticks (6 seconds) to use before you can use it again.
Steel of Legends is one of the most damaging familiar special moves in the game. It can be activated more frequently if the player uses Summoning potions.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Steel titan's special attack now does the correct amount of damage to Capsarius shield on Legio Tertius.
- hotfix 3 December 2013 (Update):
- Increased the amount of special move points for the Iron Within and Steel of Legends scrolls to 25, to account for how powerful they now are.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- This familiar will now use their melee attack in PvP situations more often.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the Steel titan had a passive effect that increased the player's melee defence by 15%.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, Steel titan pouches were made with a steel platebody instead of a steel ingot.
- The dialogues are related to the medieval times, as the titan says "bard", who were wandering musicians during the medieval times. The titan also values honour by fighting to the death and killing things.
- Although you need 10 Summoning levels above the requirement to understand the familiar, the Steel Titan is not affected by this. The same also affects the Iron Titan.
- The second set of dialogue is a reference to the tendency of fletchers to high alchemize bows into gold.