Statue of Dahmaroc
|Statue of Dahmaroc|
|Release||3 March 2010 (Update)|
|Actions||Add-to, Check, Examine|
|Examine||• An empty plinth for a statue.
• A few bits. • A statue starting to take shape. • A partially completed statue. • An almost completed statue.• A completed statue of a cursed Second Age Mage.
|Object ID||48628, 48629, 48630, 48631, 48632, 48633, 48634, 48635, 48636, 48637, 48638, 48639, 48640, 48641, 48642|
|doc • Talk page|
Dahmaroc was a mage who lived during the Second Age. He was cursed in a battle fighting over the limited supply of runes in Gielinor at that time. The plinth upon which this statue is built was originally intended for a statue of Saradomin. However, the archaeological team later decides that the statue of Dahmaroc is important enough to take the spot.
The statue is built out of strange rocks that the player finds while training various non-combat skills. Completing the statue requires a pair of these rocks from each skill. Talk to a researcher in the Varrock Museum, and he will give you a Statue of Dahmaroc list. It tells you all of the pairs you have and have not added. The order that the strange rock pairs are added does not matter. You will get experience for every pair of strange rocks you add from one skill. Once built, the statue appears to come to life briefly and then breaks apart shortly afterward. Adding pairs of strange rocks changes the description which appears when the statue is examined.
- 0 pairs added: An empty plinth for a statue.
- 1-2 pairs added: A few bits.
- 3-8 pairs added: A statue starting to take shape.
- 9-11 pairs added: A partially completed statue.
- 12-14 pairs added: An almost completed statue.
The first time you complete the statue you are given a plinth for your Player Owned House's Study, and you are awarded 10 Kudos. After this, each time you complete the statue, you get a single duplicate rock, pairs of which are used to build a duplicate statue for the player owned house. If this duplicate statue is completed, a player can still continue to receive strange rocks while skilling. Completing the statue of Dahmaroc in your player-owned house is one of the requirements needed to get a trimmed completionist cape. You will not receive any additional experience points when the statue is complete.
Experience awarded[edit | edit source]
Adding pairs of strange rocks gives experience in the related skill.
The formula is , where x is the skill level.
template = Template:Dahmaroc calc form = shf result = shr param = 1|Skill's Level||int|1-120 param = isvirtual|Virtual Level?|true|check
|Calculator is loading...|
|0 Experience Points|
Obtaining the rocks[edit | edit source]
Rocks can be obtained through most normal skilling methods in any given skill, including skilling in a clan citadel and using portable skilling stations. In general, skills give a chance at obtaining a strange rock per animation, regardless of the material being gathered or worked. For example, in gathering skills such as fishing, trout and rocktail have the same chances for giving rocks.
For a full list of methods to obtain specific rocks, see the page on strange rocks. For recommendations on the best methods for obtaining specific rocks, see the strategies subpage of the Shattered Heart article.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Stone's Throw Away ( 50) – Complete the Dahmaroc statue in your player-owned house.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- ninja 11 April 2016 (Update):
- Removing a replica statue of Dahmaroc from a player-owned house study room no longer resets progress on the statue.
- ninja 27 May 2014 (Update):
- The archaeologists next to the statue of Dahmaroc now have a right-click option to quickly retrieve a statue collection bag.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- The upgraded completionist cape will now remain available even if a player has removed this statue from their POH.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- Receiving a Shattered Heart statue bag and turning off the receiving of statue parts no longer conflict with each other.
|Replica statue pieces|
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|