Standard tackle box
|Standard tackle box|
|Release||23 March 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||I can get a replacement - free of charge - from one of the fishermen throughout Gielinor, such as at Catherby beach, Lumbridge Swamp, and inside the Fishing Guild.|
|Backpack||Open, Check time, Telebank fish in, Empty, Destroy|
|In bank||Deposit fish in, Empty|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Stores fishing equipment and bait.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The standard tackle box is the middle level Tackle box from the Fish Flingers Distractions and Diversions. It can hold up to 3 fishing tools, 18 raw fish and has 2 slots that can each hold up to 400 of one type of bait. 470 tokens, 110 medals, and a Basic tackle box are required to purchase this item. The tokens will be spent, however, the medals are kept. It can be further upgraded into a Professional tackle box with 900 tokens and 230 medals.
The tackle box has the option to take out equipment or bait, check the start time for the next competition, and view games history. The last function is the same as the Fish flingers scorecard. The history is not as extensive as the interface at the end of the game and does not include the experience reward. You can also check the time when the next competition starts by right-clicking the box and selecting Check-time.
An update on 4 June 2013 added the ability to bank 100 fish remotely per day. Otherwise raw fish can only be removed in a bank.
If destroyed, players may claim another one from the Fisherman, free of charge.
The following tools and items can all be stored in the tackle boxes, but some tools can also be stored on a player's tool belt.
|Can be stored in tool belt||Cannot be stored in tool belt|
|Small fishing net||Small cast net|
|Big fishing net||Big cast net|
|Fishing rod||Oily fishing rod|
|Fly fishing rod||Karambwan vessel|
|Barbarian rod||Fishing urns (only (r), but all tiers)|
|Lobster pot||Sacred clay harpoon|
|Crayfish cage||Volatile clay harpoon|
- ^ a b c d The fishing nets (small and big) have the same practical use as their cast nets alternatives.
The only difference is that fishing nets are kept in a person's inventory/tool belt, while cast nets can also be wielded.
- ^ a b c d A harpoon, barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon work the same, but the barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon must be wielded. A barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon override the use of Barbarian bare-handed fishing.
- ^ a b Unlike other fishing equipment, only one may be stored at a time.
- ^ a b Sacred clay harpoon and volatile clay harpoon can only be stored before clicking the "gain xp" option on the said harpoon.
- ^ The outfit has to be worn in order to gain the Fishing bonus experience. Hence, the outfit slots are only useful for conserving bank space and quick withdrawal.
- ^ Only used for Barbarian Fishing.
- ^ a b c d e Possible reward from the Fist of Guthix minigame.
- ^ Possible reward from the Family Crest quest.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Runed Fishing urns can now be stored as a stack within the tacklebox. Can store up to 4,6,8,12 and 15 per stack depending on the tackle box level respectively.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When in the Clan Citadel, the timer for the next competition reports the start time in 20 minutes.