Staff on Stryke
|Staff on Stryke|
|Kill a desert strykewyrm wearing a Full Slayer Helm and wielding an ancient staff.|
|Release date||21 January 2013 (Update)|
|Infobox • Infobox talk page|
A player may use a full slayer helmet or any upgraded variants, as well as any recoloured version of those, but not a normal slayer helmet. If the player has their slayer helmet on the slayer helmet stand at the Anachronia base camp, it must be removed and worn for the kill to count. The staff cannot be borrowed. Anything can be used to kill the strykewyrm, as long as the staff and helm are equipped through the whole fight. When all requirements are met, a player does not need a slayer task to kill a strykewyrm. Using a familiar will draw the strykewyrm's attention and cause it to stop fighting, yielding the message "It's not after you..."
This achievement cannot be completed while in a group.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 June 2018 (Update):
- The "Staff on Stryke" achievement has been updated to require a full slayer helmet instead of the now removed fully charged variant.
- patch 22 April 2014 (Update):
- The Desert achievement 'Staff on Stryke' description has been updated to state that a full slayer helmet is required, not just a slayer helmet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This achievement used to be a task prior to the release of the Achievements System on 18 April 2017.
- This achievement used to require the full slayer helmet to be fully charged with 50 combat scrolls, however, on 4 June 2018, enchanted headgear was removed from the game, making the old version of this achievement impossible to complete for a time. This was later fixed.
- The above fix also removed the requirement of using the Ancient Magicks spellbook to complete this achievement.
- The achievement was incompleteable in March 2019.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 13 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 14 March 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Players can once again complete the “Pot Stop” and “Staff on Stryke” achievements."
- ^ Mod Shauny. Staff of Stryke achievement. Reddit. 13 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 8 June 2021.) "Yeah this is a bug we're looking to sort when we can, apologies!"