The spring cleaner 5000 is a drop cleaner that can upgraded from the spring cleaner. It requires 1,200 springs to upgrade from the spring cleaner 3000 (1,800 total), either via normal use or by instantly consuming them from the inventory (gaining no charges in the process). A further 2,200 springs (for 4,000 total) will upgrade the cleaner to the spring cleaner 9000. The cleaner has a maximum capacity of 250,000 springs.
The additional benefits the 5000 has over the previous version are:
- Has a further increased success rate in dismantle mode
- Can be talked to for humorous, inconsequential dialogue, and will occasionally give an additional filterable game message of dialogue when cleaning an item.
For a detailed description and breakdown of the mechanics, see Spring cleaner#Mechanics.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Spring cleaners disassemble mode now works correctly if empty on springs.
- The Spring Cleaner will once again upgrade as it uses charges when high alching salvage.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- The spring cleaner has two new modes which can auto-alch and auto-dissassemble salvage drops.
- patch 12 February 2018 (Update):
- Items dismantled by a Spring Cleaner are now added to the RuneMetrics drop log.
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- The dismantle preview for iron crossbows on the spring cleaner interface no longer shows copper ore.
- patch 11 May 2015 (Update):
- A clearer message is now given if the spring cleaner fails to break down part of an item.