The spring cleaner 5000 is a drop cleaner that can upgraded from the spring cleaner. It requires 1,200 springs to upgrade from the spring cleaner 3000 (1,800 total), either via normal use or by instantly consuming them from the inventory (gaining no charges in the process). A further 2,200 springs (for 4,000 total) will upgrade the cleaner to the spring cleaner 9000.
The additional benefits the 5000 has over the previous version are:
- Has a further increased success rate in dismantle mode
- Can be talked to for humorous, inconsequential dialogue, and will occasionally give an additional filterable game message of dialogue when cleaning an item.
For a detailed description and breakdown of the mechanics, see Spring cleaner#Mechanics.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The Spring Cleaner will now use the appropriate amount of Springs when alching noted salvage, previously it would only use 1 Spring for a stack of multiple salvage.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Spring cleaners disassemble mode now works correctly if empty on springs.
- The Spring Cleaner will once again upgrade as it uses charges when high alching salvage.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- The spring cleaner has two new modes which can auto-alch and auto-dissassemble salvage drops.
- patch 12 February 2018 (Update):
- Items dismantled by a Spring Cleaner are now added to the RuneMetrics drop log.