Spria is a Slayer Master and the daughter of Turael. She succeeds him after he is killed in While Guthix Sleeps. Tasks given by her are the same ones her father would have assigned, which makes her the new lowest level Slayer Master.
She resides in Burthorpe. The easiest way to reach her is to teleport to the Burthorpe Lodestone and then walk north-west. Other options include using the Troll Invasion teleport of the games necklace and teleporting to the Warriors' Guild with a combat bracelet.
Unlike other Slayer masters, there is no Slayer or combat level requirement to receive slayer assignments from her. However, players must have at least 85 combat to use her due to requirements for While Guthix Sleeps. Additionally, Spria will offer to change a Slayer assignment from another master into a less difficult one. She will only do this once per assignment and only if the first assignment is not one that she would ordinarily give.
She gives no Slayer points per task, and changing a task with Spria will also mean the player would have to complete another four tasks to start earning points again. If a player changes their task with Spria, their task count will be reset back to zero.
As his successor, Spria maintains the same assignments, weightings, and challenge as Turael.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 1 March 2021 (Update):
- Turael and Spria now only assign Slayer tasks for creatures that can be found in the Burthorpe and Taverley area, to ease new players into the skill.
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- The Burthorpe/Taverley slayer master has apparently been missing from the Slayer skill guide for at least 7 years. They’re back now.
- ninja 3 April 2018 (Update):
- Slayer shops will now correctly restock slayer gem packs at midnight.
- When getting your first Slayer task (gelatinous abominations from Turael/Spria), the slayer counter UI is now turned on.
- The slayer shop in Burthorpe will now correctly stock slayer gem packs.
- ninja 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Turael/Spria will now correctly point players towards south-west of Lumbridge for their spider slayer assignment.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Some dialogue for Spria and Tureal has been changed so it is not gender specific.
- patch 19 June 2012 (Update):
- Spria no longer occasionally starts to use a male voiceover.
Spria, speaking using Turael's voice. This has been fixed.
- During Animal Magnetism, Ava mentions that Spria was seen with Turael investigating the undead trees.
- In the same quest it was mentioned that players have not seen her (unless they've done While Guthix Sleeps) because she had been on a military mission.
- Spria did not receive a graphical update in Troll Warzone update.
- When completing the Burthorpe/Taverley task "The Red Mist Descends", the hint information does not account for the slaying of Turael during While Guthix Sleeps, therefore telling players to speak with Turael while actually leading them to Spria. However, since the removal of the aforementioned tasks, this is no longer an issue.
- Spria "writes" down your assignment instead of telling you if you are a high level, except when the player rejects her slayer challenge and asks for a regular task. When using NPC contact on the Lunar spellbook, as a high level, to get a task from her, she still says that she will write it down despite the fact that you can be anywhere in RuneScape.
- An update on 9 June 2014 gave most shop owners a new set of idle animations. This causes her halberd to be sheathed, and it was graphically updated in the process.
- In Old School RuneScape, Spria serves as the Slayer Master for Draynor Village.