|Release||23 July 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||A young sentient tree.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
Spirit trees are a gnomic method of transportation. Limited access to the network is granted upon completion of the Tree Gnome Village quest. When access is first obtained, the spirit tree in the Tree Gnome Village serves as a hub, from which players may travel to any other spirit tree. From the other trees, one can only travel back to Tree Gnome Village. From there, they may travel on to another spirit tree.
If the player has finished The Grand Tree quest, the spirit tree in the Tree Gnome Stronghold will become a hub as well. After completing The Path of Glouphrie, the player can travel freely between any two spirit trees.
Spirit tree locations[edit | edit source]
- Tree Gnome Village (hub)
- Tree Gnome Stronghold (hub after completion of The Grand Tree)
- Battlefield of Khazard - just south of West Ardougne near Ourania altar.
- Grand Exchange - north-east of the Grand Exchange area.
- South Feldip Hills - useful way to access the Feldip Hills area and Mrs Duck
- Port Sarim (player-grown)
- Etceteria (player-grown)
- Brimhaven (player-grown)
- Poison Waste - west of Castle Wars (unlocked during The Path of Glouphrie). This tree is called Incomitatus, which is Latin for 'alone'.
- Prifddinas - After completing Plague's End, players must speak to the spirit tree in Prifddinas and grow three spirit trees (players can select from the four below) to unlock the ability to use this tree (0 on the map)
- Manor Farm (player-grown) (noted by an M)
One spirit tree can be planted at level 83 Farming. Before it is usable, the player must check the health of the tree. With a Farming level of 86 and completion of The Prisoner of Glouphrie quest, the player can have a total of two spirit trees planted. After completion of Plague's End and with a Farming level of 89, a third spirit tree can be planted after talking to Glouron. A fourth spirit tree can be planted with a Farming level of 114 after achieving the Apprentice Farmer rank at Manor Farm.
Boosts may be used to achieve the levels necessary to plant the first, second, and fourth spirit trees; however, boosts do not work when talking to Glouron and cannot be used to plant the third spirit tree.
Talking to Glouron and unlocking the ability to plant three spirit trees at once earns the Power of Three Spirits achievement, and having four grown spirit trees available earns the achievement Family Spirit Tree. Both of these achievements are required for both the completionist cape and master quest cape,.
The fastest way to access a spirit tree is through a spirit tree re-rooter. A free means would be to plant a spirit tree at Manor Farm and use the Manor farm teleport (unlocked with medium Ardougne achievements) to teleport there. The Ring of duelling teleport to The Warforge brings you within a few steps of the South Feldip Hills tree. Other fast ways to teleport include using an Arc journal, Captain's log, or Explorer's ring 3/4 cabbage-port to Port Sarim; or the South Feldip Hills Teleport spell to the South Feldip Hills tree. If one has an Ardougne Cloak, they can teleport to the Monastery and use the Khazard Battlefield tree just to the west. When the player has completed the Easy Varrock achievements, they can swap their Varrock Teleport destination to the Grand Exchange and use the spirit tree there. With completion of Plague's End a Crystal teleport seed or Attuned crystal teleport seed can be used to teleport to the Crwys district very close to the Prifddinas Spirit Tree.
Evil tree[edit | edit source]
Spirit trees can be extremely useful for the Evil Tree, a Distraction and Diversion. This event can be done twice a day and helps players train their Woodcutting, Firemaking, and Farming skills. Players who have completed Tree Gnome Village can find out where an evil tree is by talking to a spirit tree for a hint. If there are no Evil Trees sprouting, the spirit trees will not provide any hints.
Normal dialogue[edit | edit source]
Spirit tree: "If you are a friend of the gnome people, you are a friend of mine. Do you wish to travel, or do you wish to ask about the evil tree?" Choices: Travel, Evil tree, Nothing.
If Evil tree is chosen, one of the following responses will be given, depending on the time until the next Evil Tree appears:
|2h00m - 1h00m||The taint of the evil tree is not currently on the land. There won't be another evil tree for over an hour.|
|1h00m - 0h30m||The taint of the evil tree is not currently on the land. There won't be another evil tree for over half an hour|
|0h30m - 0h15m||The taint of the evil tree is not currently on the land. There will be another evil tree in just under half an hour.|
|0h15m - 0h04m||The taint of the evil tree is not currently on the land. There will be another evil tree in less than 15 minutes|
|0h04m - 0h00m||The taint of the evil tree is not currently on the land. Another strange sapling is about to sprout.|
Alternative dialogue[edit | edit source]
Do you wish to travel, or are you interested in the strange sapling? (lasts until the sapling is nurtured through 3 growth stages)
- I can help you find the sapling, but my knowledge of your human geography is limited.
- It can be found... (See Evil Tree Locations & Hints)
When an Evil Tree becomes fully grown in a particular world (after 3–5 minutes of sprouting), the Spirit tree dialogue changes: Spirit tree: Do you wish to travel, or are you here to help dispatch the evil tree? Choices: Travel, Evil tree, Nothing.
- If Evil tree is chosen the Spirit tree will ask: Would you like me to teleport you directly there? Choices: Yes Please; What is this 'evil tree'?; or I've changed my mind, I want to stay here.
Farming[edit | edit source]
|Payment||5 monkey nuts, 1 monkey bar, and 1 ground tooth|
|Time||58 Hours (11x320 minutes)|
|Seeds per||1 seed|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- Players no longer need to have completed Throne of Miscellania to travel to the spirit tree on the island.
- patch 2 June 2014 (Update):
- The Spirit Tree Teleport interface has now been updated, in accordance with player suggestions.
- patch 10 March 2014 (Update):
- The Spirit Tree teleport interface has been updated to use the new interface style.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with the spirit tree chathead.
- Players are now animated when planting spirit trees.
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Spirit trees were using the word "despatch", which is far less common than "dispatch".
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- Spirit trees will now give information regarding the next evil tree spawn.
|Part 1 of the Gnome quest series|
|Part 2 of the Gnome quest series|