You are safe from player killers throughout this quest.
- Talk to the spirit at the Wilderness wall north-east of Varrock. Quickest way to get there is to teleport to the Zamorak Site via the Dig Site table at the Archaeology HQ, needs 20 Archaeology
- Keep trying to catch the spirit until you see a cutscene.
- Talk to the father figure with a ghostspeak amulet equipped.
- Use the table below to respond to the man's emotes. Don't repeat yourself, and use the Think emote to see the emote again.
- The rings around the girl will disappear on successful emotes. When all the rings are gone, the girl is free.
||No, Angry, Wave
||Angry, Wave, Cheer
||Yes, No, Angry, Shrug
||Bow/Curtsy, Shrug, Cheer
||Angry, Bow/Curtsy, Shrug
||Yes, No, Wave, Cheer
||Yes, Bow/Curtsy, Wave
- Once the girl is free, talk to her.
- Once in the village, ask the girl to be taken back.
- Search a crate for a limpwurt seed.
- Rake the farming patch and plant the seed. You can use a Supreme growth potion (leafy) on it.
- Pick up 4 steel nails in the anvil building.
- Pick up 2 planks in the center-most building.
- Use a plank on the wardrobe in the building south of the statue.
- With three free inventory slots, pick from the hollow log near the statue for 3 button mushrooms.
- Grab a bucket and use it on the barrel of water. The barrel of water is next to the farming patch.
- Wait 25 minutes for the limpwurt plant to grow, but do not harvest them. You can use a Supreme growth potion (leafy) on it.
- After they've grown, talk to the spirit to return to the spirit realm.
- Talk to her again and agree to come along.
- Talk to her once more to be taken back.
- Take a skull east of the farm, and then take 5 bones (from the real world).
- Stand in the portal.
- Talk to Summer.
- Follow her down the trapdoor.
- Use the skull and bones on the altar.
- (Optional) Customise your interface to allow you to dismiss familiars as fast as possible.
- Climb the ladder and run north to the wolf platform.
- Read all the following steps before executing them:
- Summon a spirit wolf so that it stands on the platform (it doesn't have to be in the center).
- The Spirit Beast will only be lured to a platform with a familiar summoned.
- Dismiss the familiar as soon as the beast steps on the platform (here your familiar will be dismissed immediately without the "are you sure" warning). A lightning effect will show if successful.
- Don't let the beast consume your familiar, and don't move your familiar off the platform.
- A cutscene will play if you have succeeded.
- Repeat this process with the Desert Wyrm, using the platform that appears during the cutscene.
- And again for the Spirit Scorpion - the platform is far west.
- Talk to any of the spirits.
- Quest complete!
- Additional rewards/activities
All of the following experience awards require at least level 50 in that particular skill. If you do not possess level 50 in the particular skill, the experience can be gained at a later stage after achieving level 50.
- By operating the ring on the portal in the Western ruins, 15,000 experience will be acquired.
- By operating the ring on the portal near the magic axe hut (North-East of the Ardougne-Wilderness lever inside the wilderness), 11,250 experience will be acquired. (Take a lockpick if you wish to open the hut doors.)
- By operating the ring on the portal in the Forgotten Cemetery, 15,000 experience will be acquired.
- There are also weak portals that can only be used after completing the sequel to this quest - Summer's End.
- Music unlocked
Spirit of Summer is directly required for the following quests/miniquests: