Spirit emerald (pouch holding)
|Release||3 December 2013 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your spirit gem? You cannot reclaim it, and any stored pouches will be lost.|
|On death||Always lost|
|This gem can store uncharged Summoning pouches.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
They could be filled with uncharged pouches by using them on the gem, and could then be be taken to a Summoning obelisk. The pouches in the gem would be automatically infused along with the other uncharged pouches in your inventory, and would be removed from the gem, automatically noting some of them if you didn't have enough space. It is able to store up to 10 pouches and has a total of 10 charges. One charge is consumed for each pouch that is created through the gem. Once the 10 charges are consumed, the spirit emerald is destroyed. Withdrawing uncharged pouches from the gem does not consume charges.
After the uncharged Summoning pouches update was reverted due to negative player feedback (and bugs that caused pouches held in gems to not give experience), spirit emeralds were changed so that they saved charms instead of holding pouches. Any existing charge-holding gems can be converted to the newer variety.
There was a bug that caused loot piñatas to give this kind of spirit gem instead of the newer one, more than two years after the gems were discontinued.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Spirit gems converted from pouch-holding to charm-saving.
- Following player feedback, we have now reverted the changes made earlier this month to the Summoning skill. Any players who still have uncharged pouches can now convert them into the relevant amount of experience and pouches.
- Following on from this, spirit gems have undergone the following changes:
- Players with charges left in their gem can now use up the charges for the correct amount of experience. As players will not receive pouches for this, their gem will convert into a new-style spirit gem.
- Each charge in a new-style spirit gem now equates to a free charm when crafting pouches. There is a varying trigger chance for the gems: from 10% for a sapphire, to 60% for an onyx.
- Spirit gems can now be equipped in the pocket slot.
|Pouch holding (removed)|