The spirit shield is a shield that can also be obtained as a drop from the Corporeal Beast, the Tormented wraith, the four level 79 Ghosts accessed by using Jennica's ring in the graveyard north of the western ruins, and Ghostly warriors.
A spirit shield requires 40 Defence, 55 Prayer and completion of Summer's End to wield. Attempting to put the shield in a keepsake key without completion of the quest results in the message, "You need to complete the quest: Summer's End"; no keepsake keys are wasted in the attempt to put the shield in the keepsake key if one has not completed the quest Summer's End.
The Spirit shield can be combined with a Holy elixir to make a Blessed spirit shield. The Blessed spirit shield can then be modified by attaching Spirit sigil to create the enhanced spirit shields.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- Magic Notepaper now works on bananas and the Spirit Shield.
- ninja 20 June 2016 (Update):
- Altered Corporeal components acquirement rates from disassembly;
- Basic spirit shields now give zero, blessed shields continue to give 1 each as a base
- Shield sigils have been increased to provide 3 and fully enhanced spirit shields now give 4 components as a base.
- On the day of release, the spirit shields were listed in the Grand Exchange, but could not be traded and their image could only be seen in-game.
- Players originally needed 35 Prayer to wield a spirit shield, although 55 Prayer is required to complete the quest.
- The Spirit shield is much like the Godsword blade. Both items can be modified with 4 different enhancers that are dropped by high level bosses. Spirit shields use sigils while godswords use hilts. Please note, however, that unlike the godsword, the spirit shield cannot be altered once a sigil is attached.
- The Spirit shield is worn by Meranek Thanatos, the ghost that helps you slay the Spirit Beast and is actually the same shield - Meranek gives it to the player upon completion of Summer's end.
- While a player wearing a Spirit shield is hit by an opponent's attack, a unique sound is played, it is similar to the sound of getting hit when you are wielding any shield from the Elemental Workshop quests.