|Release date||3 December 2009 (Update)|
|Drain rate||300 points per minute (1 point per 0.2 seconds)|
|Effect||Heals the player by 10% of the damage dealt and lowers the enemy's prayer by 1 point for every 66 (45 legacy) damage.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Soul Split is an overhead Ancient Curse that requires level 92 Prayer to use. As with all Ancient Curses, it also requires the completion of The Temple at Senntisten quest. The curse heals the user by a part of inflicted damage (see below) and drains opponents' Prayer points in PvP.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Combat Modes[edit | edit source]
Full Manual/Revolution Combat Modes[edit | edit source]
Soul Split heals the user 10% of the damage they deal, but has diminishing returns on healing starting at 2,000 damage dealt. 5% of damage over 2,000 is healed from, and this is further decreased to 1.25% for any damage over 4,000. For example, if a player deals 6,000 damage, they would be healed 10% of the first 2,000 (200), then 5% of the next 2,000 (100), and then 1.25% of the final 2,000 (25) for a total heal of 325. This curse will not heal more than 25% of the target's current life points in a single hit.
Legacy Combat Mode[edit | edit source]
Soul Split heals the user 10% of the damage they deal. Unlike Full Manual and Revolution, there are no diminishing returns.
Healing interaction[edit | edit source]
Healing is unaffected by any damage modifiers - even if the target is taking reduced damage or has damage immunity, then Soul Split will heal accordingly based on the damage it would have dealt if it was not there.
Soul Split only heals from damage the player personally inflicts. Damage from other sources such as dreadnips, familiars, or the dwarf multicannon does not heal any life points. The special effect from Ruby bolts (e)bak does heal through Soul Split after the self-damage is taken.
In PvP, the curse drains 1 prayer point from the opponent for every 68 damage dealt.
Amount healed by a secondary target[edit | edit source]
Damage dealt to targets other than the current target by AOEs (or by switching the primary/current target to another target) will only yield half the amount healed from Soul Split.
Usage[edit | edit source]
The curse is highly useful for almost any PvM situation. Experienced players can essentially use Soul Split as an alternative to food, even at bosses.
An effective way of using this curse is by flicking it in combination with Deflect Melee, Deflect Magic, or Deflect Missiles. The player has Soul Split activated by default and switches to the appropriate deflect curse on the tick before the hit damages the player; after this, the player switches back to Soul Split again and continues flicking to deflect curses when necessary.
A possible synergy with Soul Split is the Saradomin godsword, which can restore life and prayer points alongside Soul Split.
The healing provided by Soul Split is increased proportionally when more damage is dealt. Therefore, Soul Split can heal a very large amount of life points if Corruption Shot or Corruption Blast is used to damage many monsters at the same time. If the monsters drop bones and a bonecrusher is used to automatically bury the bones, together with the twisted bird necklace, split dragontooth necklace, demon horn necklace, Corruption aura, Salvation aura or Harmony aura to regain Prayer points, a player may indefinitely use Soul Split and therefore have an unlimited amount of healing. Monsters that take increased direct damage are also favourable targets of Soul Split, such as using the Sunspear against vampyres.
The Eldritch crossbow's special attack, Split Soul (uses 25% adrenaline and lasts 15 seconds), causes Soul Split to deal damage equal to 4 times of what the player would have restored in as health from the curse as a separate hit. Soul Split's animation is also changed from white to shadow-purple while the special attack is active.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- patch 21 September 2015 (Update):
- Opponent's prayer drain rate when fighting someone in PvP using smite or soulsplit has been adjusted slightly.
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- patch 11 June 2013 (Update):
- Soul Split now heals 10% damage dealt against main targets (as before), and 5% against other targets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Ancient hymnal, Soul Split's verbal incantation is "Advoco insaniam haereticorum in pectus meus et animam meam." (I call to my heart and soul the madness of heretics.) The Latin is grammatically incorrect: it should read pectus meum.
- When Soul Split was first released, it would heal a user by 20% of all hits, regardless of their size. It remained this way until the release of the Evolution of Combat, where a healing cap of 250 was introduced to balance performance from larger hits. With the combat update of 30 April 2013 its healing was reduced to 10% and reduced even further with hits of over 2000, but the healing cap was removed.
- Soul Split's healing animation can sometimes glitch out in content such as Barrows and the Crassian Leviathan when it changes sides, where it will slowly descend from above in a single direction.
References[edit | edit source]