Archaeological soil box
|Archaeological soil box|
|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can purchase another from Ezreal's shop in the Archaeology Guild.|
|Backpack||Fill, Empty, Inspect, Destroy|
|In bank[?]||Fill, Empty|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A box for holding Archaeological soils.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An archaeological soil box is an item used in the Archaeology skill. It can hold up to 50 of each soil and is claimed for free from Ezreal during the Archaeology tutorial but only 1 can be owned at a time. Members-only upgrades to increase the capacity to 100, 250, and 500 of each soil can be bought from the Archaeology Guild Shop.
The box can be filled with soil, emptied of soil, and inspected to reveal its contents (filling and inspecting does not interrupt excavation, but emptying does). Hovering over the box also shows the contents. When screening, soil will be screened directly from the soil box, without the need to empty soil into the inventory.
The contents of the box can be deposited in the bank by using the soil box on a deposit box, bank chest, or banker. It can also be filled or emptied inside the bank interface (this works with soil in the bank; soil in inventory is prioritised when filling).
If destroyed, any soil stored inside would still be there when it is reclaimed from Ezreal.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Archaeology Guild Shop||Varrock Dig Site||Free sample||-||1|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Inspecting a damaged or restored artefact and filling or inspecting a soil box will no longer interrupt your current action, allowing you to continue excavating uninterrupted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the box is filled to the maximum capacity the first time a message appears stating "Your soil box is full! You can screen soil at the Archaeology campus. Soil can be screened directly from the soil box.".
- Attempting to put anything other than soil in the box will generate the message "You cannot store that in your soil box." Attempting to use the box on any item, including soil, generates the message "Nothing interesting happens."
- It works similarly to an ore box.