Quick guide for Smoking Kills
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Sumona in Pollnivneach|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Finding the tomb[edit | edit source]
- Travel to the desert swamp, south of the agility pyramid. Refer to the picture on the right for help.
- Make your way to the north-west part of the swamp, climb over the pillar and go up the stairs.
Optional: Go west, climb over a small rock wall, and use your rope on a piece of rock jutting out over the edge, this will give you quicker access in the future.
- Walk north of the archaeologists through the opening in the cliffs (you can refill your waterskin(s) at the spring before you proceed).
- Click to search the sealed door of the western cliffs and enter the dungeon.
Inside the tomb[edit | edit source]
Note: leaving the tomb or logging out may revert some of your progress in the next section.
- Drop your cat, search the hole on the west wall. Your cat will enter.
- Once inside there are 3 skeletons to the south that will attack, they can be defeated with spells or ranged abilities. Next, break down the broken door (You will need to turn auto-retaliate off by right-clicking the icon just to the left of the adrenaline bar).
- Once you have broken down the door, step through it, but do not run any further - there are traps!
- Searching the wall (not the odd markings) temporarily disables the traps.
- Once you have passed two sets of traps, open the door at the end of the hall and enter the room.
- Kill the zombies and skeletons, then wait about 10–20 seconds.
- Kill the level 77 Mummy Warrior and take his Ranged Path key.
- Use the key on the door to the east then pull the lever on the northern wall.
- Go back to the starting room (traps on this side are now permanently disabled).
- Repeat the previous steps on the eastern half of the tomb (after returning to the main room run straight through to the eastern door and enter).
- 3 skeletons will begin attacking you, continue north.
- Enter through the door and kill the zombies and skeletons, then wait about 10–20 seconds.
- Kill the level 77 Mummy Warrior and take his Magic Path key.
- Use the key on the door to the west then pull the lever on the northern most wall.
- Once both levers have been pulled return to the starting room and run north, all traps have been disabled (search the sticks and pass two times to reach Catolax).
- Equip your Ghostspeak amulet and talk to Catolax.
- Use your earmuffs on your facemask.
The final fight[edit | edit source]
- Return to Pollnivneach and equip your masked earmuffs and combat gear, then enter the well in the centre of the town.
- Head north, kill a Mighty banshee for a Banshee voice (you might need to kill multiple).
- Run north and use the Banshee voice on the largest (and northern most) red barrier.
- After the cutscene, attack the Banshee Mistress, she is weak to bolts but most attack styles work.
- Enable the Protect from Missiles prayer before she gets to 50% health.
- Finish the fight and watch the cutscene.
- If you haven't already, pick up your cat then return to Pollnivneach. Talk to Sumona.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- New Slayer Master in Pollnivneach
- Ability to earn the full amount of slayer points that can be exchanged for slayer rewards
- Ability to construct slayer items
- Access to the Desert Slayer Dungeon and Tomb of Catolax
- 5,000 experience
- Access to the Desert Slayer Dungeon miniquest
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- Cool for Ali Cats (When approaching the well in Pollnivneach)
- Under the Sand (After entering the sealed door in the desert tombs)
- Desert Smoke (When descending into Pollnivneach well)
- Slain to Waste (Facing the Banshee Mistress)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Smoking Kills is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
|Part 7 of the Desert quest series|