|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by master smiths.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Smithing cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Smithing skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Smithing hood from Thurgo south of Port Sarim by players who have achieved level 99 Smithing. Smithing capes are grey in colour, and have a gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. Getting 99 Smithing is considered expensive depending on the methods used.
As with all capes of accomplishment, when a player operates this cape, they will receive a small boost (to 100 instead of 99). This is useful for repairing armour in a player-owned house, as it lowers the cost of said repairs.
Talking to Thurgo gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Smithing cape's perk provides the effect of whenever an unfinished Smithing item is reheated, the next strike generates +5 base progress. This works with the Autoheater item and the Superheat spell, providing the same bonus.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- The smithing skillcape gives a smithing buff whenever the item is reheated. This is especially effective (but expensive) with the superheat item spell.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 227,940 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- This skillcape's emote is the fourth longest among those of Capes of Accomplishment in the game, lasting approximately nine seconds, behind the Cooking cape's emote which lasts fourteen seconds, the Woodcutting cape's emote which lasts over eleven seconds, and the Max cape's emote which is exactly 25 seconds.
- During the emote, the player is shown smithing shears, which currently cannot be smithed by players.
- Before the Mining and Smithing rework, the Smithing cape had a different perk: it had the same effect as the goldsmithing gauntlets when worn.