Small rune pouch
|Sealed small rune pouch|
|Release||26 September 2016 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Destroy||If you destroy this item you will lose any runes you've charged it with and not be able to reclaim them. You will also have to purchase a new pouch.|
|A small pouch for storing runes.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The small rune pouch is an item created from 30 magical threads, which are obtained from runecrafting in the Abyss. The pouch requires level 55 Runecrafting to make, and is initially sealed; it is unsealed upon use. Players can store up to 16,000 each of two unique runes inside the pouch. While stored in the pouch, runes will be consumed as if they are in the player's inventory for the purpose of casting spells. Unlike the Wicked pouch, the small rune pouch does not degrade from use and can be used in the Wilderness.
The Large rune pouch, in comparison, holds 3 types of runes instead of 2, can be equipped in the ammo slot, and is tradeable. If the same type of rune is in both pouches and your inventory, the order of runes used first is elemental staves/wands/books > large rune pouches > small rune pouches > inventory > wicked pouch.
The small rune pouch cannot be equipped in the ammo slot.
When a player has fewer than 500 runes of a certain type remaining in their small rune pouch, the following warning message appears in the chat box:
The small rune pouch will drop its runes to the opponent upon death in a player versus player situation.
It can be dyed red, blue, yellow, green, purple, orange, pink, or black by using a red dye, blue dye, yellow dye, green dye, purple dye, orange dye, pink dye, or black mushroom ink on it, respectively.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|1,500 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||-|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 September 2021 (Update):
- When retrieving the last remaining runes from a Rune Pouch it will now automatically be sent to the Backpack, unless the Backpack is full, in which case it will remain equipped.
- update 11 March 2019 (Update):
- Rune pouches can now be crafted from materials found in the Abyss.
- Removed from Mandrith's shop.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Dying in a player vs. player scenario with a small rune pouch should no longer cause the dead player to disconnect.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- It is now possible to withdraw runes in a rune pouch when the same kind of rune is already in the player's (full) backpack.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Adding a rune which has previously been deleted from a rune pouch will now work correctly.
- patch 31 July 2017 (Update):
- A disconnect when trying to enter a boss instance with an inactive rune pouch has been fixed.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- Attempting to withdraw from an inactive rune pouch no longer causes a disconnect.
- patch 10 April 2017 (Update):
- A warning message will now display when players have fewer than 500 runes remaining in their rune pouch.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to store two of the same rune type in a rune pouch.
- patch 7 November 2016 (Update):
- The small rune pouch will now protect on death, and drop its contents to the opponent upon dying in a PvP situation.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item value of the pouch varies, depending on which runes are stored. The pouch takes the value of the runes, even runes that are always kept (air, water, earth, fire, mind, and body runes), which adds additional death costs.