Sliske quest series
The Sliske quest series is a quest series focusing on the Mahjarrat Sliske, and the "contest" he is holding between the gods over the Stone of Jas. The series starts with Missing, Presumed Death, and consists of six instalments. The World Wakes can be seen as a prelude to the series, and most Sixth Age content in general.
While the first two quests were released in 2013 and 2015 alongside a number of other Sixth Age quests, the final four quests were all released in 2016 as part of Sliske's Countdown. This is to wrap up the series while it still has momentum, in a similar fashion to the Void Knights quest series and the first four quests in the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quest series.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Missing, Presumed Death[edit | edit source]
In Missing, Presumed Death, the player and Icthlarin discover that Death has been kidnapped by Sliske, and set out to rescue him from the Empyrean Citadel, where Sliske is gathering the gods by claiming to have ascended after killing Guthix. Once there, Sliske reveals his possession of the Stone of Jas, and announces his contest over the stone.
Dishonour among Thieves[edit | edit source]
In Dishonour among Thieves, Zamorak recruits the player and a number of Zamorakians to try and steal the Stone of Jas from Sliske's clutches. Sliske is aware of this plan, and tries to convince the player to attack Zamorak once he is led to the stone. While Zamorak is ultimately unsuccessful in stealing the stone, he is nevertheless energised by it, and Nomad may end up stealing a part of it, dependant on player choice. At the end of the quest, players have the option of attacking Sliske alongside Zamorak, weakening him significantly, or attacking Zamorak instead.
Nomad's Elegy[edit | edit source]
Nomad's Elegy follows on from Dishonour among Thieves, and features Nomad. His plan to siphon every soul from all over Gielinor and its underworlds into the Soul obelisk sees the player teaming up with Death, Icthlarin, and several dead characters to lay siege to Nomad and stop his plans.
Kindred Spirits[edit | edit source]
Kindred Spirits is the second quest in the series released in 2016. Focused on the Barrows brothers, the player will be searching for a way to break Sliske's hold on the siblings. This quest had the working name "Ballad of the Barrows Brothers".
Children of Mah[edit | edit source]
Children of Mah, previously known as Fate of the Gods II, is a sequel to Fate of the Gods. After the player and Zaros disturbed Mah, she has awoken and is planning on creating her own universe, beginning with the destruction of Freneskae. The Mahjarrat return to Freneskae, as does Zamorak. This quest will see a confrontation between Zaros and Zamorak, the general who betrayed him.
Sliske's Endgame[edit | edit source]
Sliske's Endgame is the series finale. It is the culmination of his plan, reaching as far back as the Battle of Lumbridge. Sliske calls an end to his game and tallies up the scores, inviting those who killed a god - Vorago, Sakirth, and Armadyl at the time of announcement - to an event that is sure to be big and noticeable.
The event reacts to the player's choices, both during it and from previous quests and events, and generates consequences that reach beyond the quest.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Being focused around the gods, most notable characters are either gods or extremely powerful.
- The Mahjarrat
- The Barrows brothers
Main locations[edit | edit source]
- The Empyrean Citadel
- Sliske's Lair
- Gielinor's Underworld
- Zamorak's hideout at Daemonheim
- Heart of Gielinor encampment
- Sliske's Labyrinth underneath the Heart of Gielinor
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- Empyrean Citadel
- Dying Light
- Faces Obscura
- Free Death
- Breaking and Entering
- The Heist (or during The Curse of Arrav)
- The Heist II
- Battered Soul
- Construction Destruction
- RAM upgrade
- Grip of the Gods
- Hanging in the Balance
- Moral Maze
- Run, Escape!
- Sliske's Cellmate
- Chamber of Zaros
- Elder Daughter
- Lava Falls
- The Nightmare Continues
- Champions of Sliske
- Dying Light II
- Moral Maze II
- Sliske's Secrets
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 11 Quest points
- 12 Treasure Hunter keys and 12 Hearts of ice
- 500 Prayer experience
- 500 Dungeoneering experience
- 25,000 Herblore experience
- 25,000 Crafting experience
- 25,000 Smithing experience
- 50,000 Constitution experience
- 50,000 Construction experience
- 50,000 Mining experience
- 50,000 Woodcutting experience
- 51,500 Thieving experience
- 53,000 Combat experience
- 100,000 Divination experience
- 127,500 Agility experience
- 1,733,000 experience in a chosen Skill (with stone-touched lamps granting 1,250,000 experience)
- Mask of Sliske, Light and Mask of Sliske, Shadow
- Book of the underworld
- Invitation box
- 30 untradeable Barrows amulets
- 2 new Death animations
- Jerrod's cape
- Upgraded Mask of Sliske
- Blueprints for Soul-in-a-box and Urn enhancer
- Access to the Memory of Nomad D&D
- Access to a new barrows sister Linza the Disgraced and her equipment
- Shard of Mah
- Combined Catalyst fragment
- Necklace of Shadows
- Ring of Whispers
- Access to Nightmares, level 80 slayer monsters that drop the Nightmare gauntlets
- Access to Ancient memory in Guthixian Caches
- Legatus Maximus Armour
- Tiny Kharshai
- Tiny Hazeel
- Tiny Sliske
- 25,000 Coins
- 15 gems
- 1,250 Dungeoneering tokens
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Osborne. "RuneFest - Updates of 2016." 3 October 2015. RuneScape News. "Next year, we are planning to reach the conclusion of Sliske's storyline, the storyline where Sliske offered the Stone of Jas to whomever killed the most gods. This will be three quests, building and building to a fourth quest at the end of the year. We are calling this Sliske's Countdown, each quest bringing us closer to the final event: his Endgame."