Slime is of the Essence
|Slime is of the Essence|
|Release date||22 November 2018 (Update)|
|End date||27 November 2018 (Update unknown) edit|
|Reward||Slime hunter armour, Lil Gloop, Slimeball, Slime Launcher|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Like previous events such as Build-A-Fayre and Boat to the Arc, each day different skills will be available to train. Training requires tools, and all players receive one hundred slime hunter basic tools each day upon login (these are rewarded retroactively if players miss days). Additional slime hunter golden tools can be won on Treasure Hunter. Golden tools provide the progress and experience of 25 basic tools.
Logging in during the event prompts the following message:
Opening the Treasure Hunter interface for the first time while the event is active will provide the player with two free golden tools, and players will receive the message:
Event noticeboards offer free teleports to the event area.
Treasure Hunter prizes[edit | edit source]
Skills featured[edit | edit source]
|Skill 1||Experience[xp 1]||Skill 2||Experience[xp 1]||Skill 3||Experience[xp 2]|
- ^ a b The experience listed here is the amount of experience granted for each action at level 99 in the respective skill using basic tools. Equipment experience is not rewarded for training in this event.
- ^ The experience listed here is the amount of experience granted for each action at level 120 in the respective skill using basic tools. Equipment experience is not rewarded for training in this event.
Progress[edit | edit source]
Progress is gained through assaulting the slime king using different skills, which are changed on a daily basis on each day the event runs. There are two kinds of progress: personal and community progress. To obtain a reward from the event, both kinds of progress must have hit the threshold for that reward.
On the fourth day, players attempted to destroy Prince Slimes.
On the fifth day, players attempted to strengthen a portal meant to send King Slime elsewhere.
Therefore, if one utilises the hundred tools given daily on each day of the event, 100% personal progress can be attained by the end of the event.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Training at the event unlocks rewards when both personal and community progress reach certain thresholds. Rewards became available at the end of the event from the chest next to Peter. These include:
|1||Slime Hunter outfit|
|2||Event mystery box|
|3||Slimeball and Slime Launcher|
|4||Event mystery box|
|5||Tier 65 slime hunter armour and Salty emote|
|6||Event mystery box|
|7||Tier 70 slime hunter armour and Slip 'n' Slime|
|8||Event mystery box|
|9||Lil Gloop and tier 75 slime hunter armour|
|10||Event mystery box|
Ironmen were only able to receive the cosmetic rewards.
Buying more tools[edit | edit source]
Additional tools could be bought with Loyalty Points from Peter. They were offered in two packages:
|Amount of tools||Loyalty Points|
A maximum of ten of each of the sets could be bought.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Slime is of the essence is a pun on the idiom and legal term time is of the essence.
- The associated update gives a rejected alternative name of goo'd well hunting, a pun on the film Good Will Hunting.
- When speaking to Paul or Barry on the first day of the promotion, they say, "Oh dear..." & "Oh dear... Oh dear..." respectively, which is a tribute to the late Barry Elliot, from the Chuckle Brothers double act.
- In a similar vein, Peter, in his Sous chef's outfit, pays homage to the late comedian and writer Peter Cook.
- John, along with his dog, pays homage to the titular character from the film franchise John Wick.
- Telling Peter "All hope is lost" will result in the response "So say we all", which is reference to a popular quote made on the sci-fi franchise Battlestar Galactica.
- On the second day, John is able to understand from his dog that Joey "fell down the well", with a pun made on Joey not being able to see well without his glasses. This is a reference to the catchphrase "Timmy fell down the well", which was commonly used in the TV show Lassie.
- On the third day of the event, clicking on King Slime will result in unique dialogue options, one of which being "I have decided to accept our new slime overlord". This is a reference to the trope "I, For One, Welcome Our New ______ Overlords".
- On the fourth day, Cooking is introduced as one of the three daily skills, enabling the player to sprinkle salt on the Prince Slime. The manner that it is done in references the Salt Bae Internet meme.
- Peter mentions that he should have hired Special Agent Dale Deglooper to deal with the slime. This is a reference to Special agent Dale Cooper from TV show Twin Peaks.
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- On the fourth day of the event, some players would encounter system crash when teleporting or walking to Rimmington. The game screen would go black and open the browser to RuneScape's 'error game crash' web page - 'A problem has occurred while running the game.' Relogging back in would repeat the crash. The only way out would be to change to World 97 Legacy only Bounty Hunter or World 106 EOC only Bounty Hunter which automatically teleports player to Edgeville. Players running NXT client were not affected.
- On the fifth day of the event, Java client players may have lag and system crashes on worlds with many players. Changing to worlds with fewer players avoids these problems.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?409,410,259,66063104 Rs3 crash rimmington