Sliced mushrooms are a product of slicing mushrooms obtained in The Arc. They are commonly sought after for use as an ingredient in shark soup. Sliced mushrooms can be sold to Tang (food merchant) on Waiko for 10 chimes each or to Sinuman (food merchant) on Cyclosis for 11 chimes each.
Mushrooms can be sliced in different amounts, depending on the mushroom type, to create a sliced mushroom. Each sliced mushroom awards the player with 85 Cooking and 15 Herblore experience. Slicing mushrooms requires at least level 86 Cooking and 90 Farming, which may be boosted.
The location and amount of mushrooms required to produce one sliced mushroom can be found listed below:
A free inventory space is needed when transmutating driftwood into sliced mushrooms.
||2 × Driftwood
||1 × Sliced mushrooms
- ^ Assumes highest sell-to-store value
Sliced mushrooms have a "Nibble" option, which can be selected via right-clicking the item inside the player's inventory. Nibbling does not consume the item, and may be done once every 10 minutes, causing a variety of random effects to happen, identical to the Hallucinogenic perk.
- When nibbled, a message is displayed: Something interesting happens.
- If nibbled before the 10 minutes have passed, a message is displayed: Nothing interesting happens...yet.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Players no longer need additional space when transmuting driftwood into sliced mushrooms.
- With the release of the second batch of The Arc, all owned wushrooms were converted into sliced mushrooms.
- When nibbling a mushroom, if there is not enough room around the player to perform a random effect a message will be displayed: There's not enough room here for something interesting to happen.
- The random effects caused by nibbling the mushrooms are a reference to psilocybin.