A Slayer assignment or Slayer task is given by Slayer masters. When you kill the assigned monsters, you get Slayer experience, which you wouldn't if it weren't your assignment. In addition, some monsters killed as part of a slayer assignment either have improved drop rates for specific item(s) and access to drop(s) that are otherwise unobtainable if killed off-task.
This is a list of possible assignments, with the alternative monsters.
A Slayer assignment may be changed once per assignment with the use of Slayer points. Right-click on a Slayer master to select 'Rewards', then select the 'Assignment' tab:
There is a maximum limit of 8 types of assignments that can be blocked on one account - one for every 50 quest points up to a maximum of 400 quest points. Each blocked assignment costs 100 Slayer points.
Slayer assignment by master[edit | edit source]
Slayer categories[edit | edit source]
- ^ The locations of alternative monsters are not listed.
- ^ a b The weaknesses and attack styles of certain monsters may vary by location or type. See their pages for more information.
- ^ Requires you to speak to the dying knight outside of God Wars Dungeon to unlock them as a task.
- ^ a b c d e f g These are not assigned as specific task, but as part of a cluster task.
Removed Slayer assignments[edit | edit source]
These slayer categories currently do not have any slayer masters that assign them.
|Monster||Location||Equipment||Weakness||Attack Style||Alternatives||Formerly assigned by:|
|Dwarfs||1||Ice Mountain, Mining Guild, Keldagrim, Dwarven Mine, beneath White Wolf Mountain, south of Yanille||None||Air spells||Melee||Black Guard, Black Guard Berserker, chaos dwarf, chaos dwarf (Heart of Gielinor), chaos dwarf hand cannoneer, dwarven gang member, guard (dwarf), and trade floor guard|
|Monkeys||1||Karamja, Mos Le'Harmless, Ardougne Zoo||None||Earth spells||Melee||Duke, Monkey Archer, Monkey Guard, Monkey Guard (ninja), Monkey Zombie, Oipuis, Ouhai, Padulah, unnatural gorilla, Uodai, and Uyoro|
|Pigs||1||Pig Pits||None||Earth spells||Melee||None|
Slayer challenges[edit | edit source]
|Task||Monsters needed to kill||Slayer master|
|Slay all monsters in the basement of Turael/Spria. 1,000 extra Slayer XP rewarded.||2 level 5 goblins, 2 level 11 goblins, 1 level 13 goblin, 2 level 11 wolves, 3 level 14 wolves, 5 level 12 minotaurs.||/|
|Investigate the Morytania fairy rings. 2,000 extra Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 3 Slayer points.||Level 42 Ravenous ghoul, level 72 Ravenous vampyre, level 33 Ravenous snail.|
|Bring him one scale of each type of Chromatic dragon. 4,000 extra Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 14 Slayer points.||Each type of Chromatic dragon (not 100% drop, so might be more than one each)|
|Test her new experimental fungicide spray on ten Mutated zygomites. 10,000 extra Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 25 Slayer points.||10 Mutated zygomites, which might full heal, or heal a bit and become stronger because of the spray.|
|Kill the Kalphite Queen. 15,000 extra Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 30 Slayer points.||Kalphite Queen|
|Kill all creatures in the Slayer Tower, without leaving. 20,000 extra Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 35 Slayer points.||21 Crawling hands, 8 Banshees, 9 Infernal mages, 7 Bloodveld, 7 Aberrant spectres, 5 Gargoyles, 6 Nechryaels and 6 Abyssal demons||/|
|Kill 280 Volcanic creatures (Inside the TzHaar Fight Cave). If TzTok-Jad is killed, 25,000 extra XP rewarded, otherwise only 12,000 extra XP is rewarded.||280 Volcanic creatures (from the TzHaar Fight Cave)|
|Kill a list of bosses, these bosses must be killed solo. After killing a boss you will obtain a Dark crystal, you need to bring all Dark crystals you have to every boss. Each dark crystal has a debuff that weakens the player. It is recommended to do the stronger bosses first, and the weaker bosses last. 50,000 Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 45 Slayer points.|
|Kill multiple foes found in the Wilderness or elsewhere in Gielinor 15 times. Killing 4 bosses found exclusively in the Wilderness awards additional Slayer XP. 21,500 Slayer XP (30,000 if killing all four optional bosses), as well as 35 Slayer points and 100 Bounty emblem potential.||15 Abyssal Demons, 15 Black Demons, 15 Blue Dragons, 15 Fire Giants, 15 Gargoyles, 15 Greater Demons, 15 Green Dragons, 15 Hellhounds, 15 Ice Strykewyrms, 15 Kal'gerion demons, 15 Lava Strykewyrms, 15 Revenants, 15 Waterfiends|
|Gather a dose of poison from each of the Vile blooms. Each enemy only has to be killed once to receive the poison. 50,000 Slayer XP rewarded, as well as 45 Slayer points.|
Slayer assignments in the God Wars Dungeon[edit | edit source]
Assigned monsters on the main battlefield and camps
Assigned bosses and their minions)
|God Wars bosses and minions||Assignmed as|
|General Graardor||Not assigned|
|K’ril Tsutsaroth||Greater demon|
|Balfrug Kreeyath||Black demon|
|Zakl'n Gritch||Lesser demon|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- Players will no longer be assigned random Slayer tasks when wearing particular masks.
- hotfix 9 August 2021 (Update):
- patch 26 July 2021 (Update):
- Slayer Task streaks can now increase beyond 16,000
- The correct amount of Slayer Points will now be awarded upon Task completion.
- patch 19 July 2021 (Update):
- Getting a new Slayer Task from Sumona will no longer cause unexpected logouts.
- patch 12 July 2021 (Update):
- Users logging in to an account with an invalid slayer task with now have their slayer task removed.
- Players that were unable to progress their slayer task will now be able to claim a new task on login.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- patch 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Non-direct combat methods can now be utilized to progress a variety of slayer tasks that previously could not be progressed in this manner.
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- Players can now complete their slayer task if they had previously reset their wilderness task to an easier one.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Fixed a typo when attempting to get a slayer task while on a special assignment.
- ninja 7 July 2014 (Update):
- Due to player feedback, the slayer task completion message is now green.
- ninja 23 June 2014 (Update):
- Players can now block a seventh Slayer task with a total of 350 Quest Points.
- The slayer task completion message is now red.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- Players attempting to force a slayer assignment with a mask will now be given a message in chat if they don't have the requirements for that assignment.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- Players on free worlds can now change their slayer tasks properly if they were previously a member.
- patch 28 January 2013 (Update):
- Killing Black demons whilst Dungeoneering will now count towards a Slayer assignment.