|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Ale with bite.|
|Exchange||1,076 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Slayer's respite is an ale that can be made with the Cooking skill at level 59, granting 479 experience per batch. To do this, one must brew it in one of the breweries in either eastern Keldagrim or Port Phasmatys. This ale can occasionally be looted from an Eclectic impling.
The full recipe for Slayer's respite is as follows (in the order given):
- 2 buckets of water
- 2 barley malt
- (optional) 1 "the stuff," to increase chance of maturity
- 4 wildblood hops
- 1 ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight beer glasses or two calquat kegs*.
* Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. This creates a slayer's respite (keg). Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand gp.
The mature version of this ale, Slayer's respite (m) has slightly stronger stat boosts, and may be more useful for players hunting monsters slightly beyond their level range. This mature version is, however, not nearly as cheap.
Uses[edit | edit source]
When this ale is drunk, it will heal 590 life points and temporarily raise the Slayer skill level by 2 while lowering Attack and Strength levels by 2. The Slayer bonus does not stack with wild pies. Either can be used by players to kill a slayer monster when they slightly lack the Slayer level required. Wild pies are usually a better alternative, as they provide a +5 boost in Slayer and also a +4 boost in Ranged with no negative effects, have two bites rather than one, and heals more, making it cheaper overall.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Eclectic impling jar||?||2 (noted)||Rare[dr 1]||N/A|
|Eclectic impling||50||2 (noted)||Rare[dr 1]||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||35.1%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- The hover/longpress tooltip for various drinks now includes a description of their specific stat buffs and debuffs.