Skill training guides
Training is an activity done in order to increase a player's experience in one or more skills. Activities which are not done primarily for gaining experience are not usually considered to be training (for example, fighting the King Black Dragon in order to obtain rare item drops).
List of guides[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Please note that the below update information pertains to the in-game skill guide interfaces and not this pages content itself.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- Replaced outdated spell icons in the Magic skillguide with the up to date ones found in the Magic ability book.
- update 30 March 2020 (Update):
- Added Archaeology tooltips to items in the Skill Guide.
- Upon levelling up Archaeology, the Skill Guide will display all the information about each new entry.
- patch 9 March 2020 (Update):
- When opened, the skill guide will now automatically jump to the level of your most recently unlocked item.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):
- Sacred clay hatchets are now correctly marked as level 50 in the skill guide.
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- ninja 3 April 2018 (Update):
- The skill guide will now display skillcape perks in the 99 section of the skill.
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- Corrected several non-member entries in the Attack, Crafting, Defence, Farming, Firemaking, Magic, Ranged, Runecrafting and Smithing skill guides.
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- Shields in the Defence skill guide have been moved into a Shields sub-category.
- The following errors in the skill guide have now been corrected: free players can stop burning rabbit at cooking level 34; Marrentill is now marked as members only; the wooden shield, salve, protoleather and novite armour in Daemonheim have been added at Defence level one, as well as soft leather armour; the tangle gum shortbow and longbow, the novite arrows and protoleather equipment in Daemonheim are now accessible at Ranged level one; mentions of wizard, imphide, spidersilk, batwing, splitbark, mystic and grifolic shields have been removed from wand/orb/book entries, since shields only require Defense.
- ninja 31 July 2017 (Update):
- Various free/members inconsistencies in the relevant skill guides have been fixed.
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- The Runecrafting Skills tab now correctly sorts A-Z.
- The soul runes entry has been removed from the Invention skill guide and added to Runecrafting skill guide.
- The quest requirement for attuned crystal weaponry has been corrected in the skillguide.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- The Invention skill guide now lists the level unlocks (instead of '???') when the level requirements are not yet met.
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- The 'Research: Rune ethereal outfit pieces' listing on the Invention skill guide now lists the correct outfit in the description.
- ninja 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Added Cooking skillguide entries for levels at which players will no longer burn various foods.
- patch 23 May 2016 (Update):
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- Corrupt Vesta now states the correct stats needed in the skill guide.
- Various combat abilities are now correctly listed as free-to-play in the skill guide.
- patch 23 June 2014 (Update):
- The Summoning skill guide now displays level 4 as a requirement for all dogs.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The Skill Advance Guide no longer states you have all the requirements for Smoking Kills without the required combat level.
- The quickbow is no longer listed as members' only in the Ranged Skill Advance Guide.
- Tectonic armour now appears in the Runecrafting Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- An additional bovistrangler staff entry in the magic skill guide has been updated to state bovistrangler wand.
- The Group teleport to Trollheim spell now has the correct level listed in Magic Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 29 May 2013 (Update):
- Catalytic equipment in Dungeoneering now appears as members only in the Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- The Agility Skill Advance Guide has been updated to show that 73 Agility is only required to enter an extra part of the Polypore dungeon.
- Updated the Slayer Skill Advance Guide with correct combat levels required for Slayer master access.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- We've adjusted the skill guide and in-game notification on Bronze minotaur requirements.
- Gravite weapons no longer show up as members only in the skill advance guide.
- The "Rigour" Dungeoneering reward has been removed from the skill advance guide.
- Ganodermic armour now has correct requirements listed on skill guide.
- The Magic Skill Advance Guide now lists the Grifolic wand, shield, and orb as members items.
- Penance armour has been updated on the skill guide to show the correct requirements.
- patch 28 September 2011 (Update):
- The abyssalbane bolts skill guide icon is no longer an abyssalbane arrow.
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- Hailstorm and frostbite daggers had incorrect info in the skill guide.
- Chaotic and eagle-eye shield images were swapped in the skill guide.
- Ranging skill guide referred to primal arrows rather than Sagittarian arrows.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Corrected an issue with the in-game Smithing skill guide.
- Clarified the use of granite in the Summoning skill guide.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Updated the images for the torch and skull torch in the Construction skill guide.
- Fixed the servant section of the Construction skill guide.
- Godswords can now be found in the Attack skill guide.