|Release date||11 November 2011 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Abbey of St. Elspereth Citharede|
|Examine||• It looks like she's in charge of the choir.|
• It looks like she's in shock.
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Sister Cecilia is a nun of the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede, acting as the choirmistress. She composes religious music, such as a hymn to Saint Elspeth. She spends a lot of time thinking of her music. Her composing proved a source of disagreement between the two leaders of the abbey, Abbess Benita and her assistant Sister Anna. She considers music to be holy, intended for worship and contemplation rather than "immorality" like dancing. Before joining the abbey, she lived in Falador. She has written two religious texts which can be found around the abbey: A Hymn to Saint Elspeth and The Martyrdom of Saint Elspeth.
She appears to hold Saint Elspeth in high regard, willingly telling the tale of the saint's battle against the Ripper, killing the demon with a single note. She doesn't believe she or her choir could achieve the same effect though.
After the Killer killed Isabella and concealed her as Sister Anna, Sister Cecilia's choir was tasked with preparing music for the funeral. An investigator was brought in to identify the killer. Sister Cecilia caught the Killer murdering Sister Elena. She panicked, declaring everybody in the abbey to be dead before reaffirming her faith in Saradomin and calling upon the choir to prepare themselves for the funerals.
Post-quest[edit | edit source]
After the killer is caught, she asks the investigator whether she should continue at the abbey and follows their advice. If she leaves, she joins Valerio and his troupe as a guitarist, finding the experience to be more freeing. If she stays, she says wanting to leave was just a phase and maybe she will become abbess when Abbess Benita retires. Either way, she is happy with her choice. Doing so completes the master quest cape requirement Cecilia, I'm Begging You, Please....
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Sister Cecilia, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "It's a hymn to Saint Elspeth. I wrote the music, but the words are traditional."
- ^ Sister Cecilia, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Oh...I'm sorry, she's dead and all I can think of is how much the choir needed her. I'm too single-minded sometimes..."
- ^ a b Cecilia, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I'm glad I left the abbey. There's so much more I can do with music now that I can focus on it for its own sake."
- ^ Sister Elena, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Sister Anna thought Sister Benita was too lenient with the order's rules.[...]She'd have stopped Sister Cecilia composing - prescribed melodies only."
- ^ Sister Cecilia, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "You've got to understand, the Citharede order considers music to be holy. It should be used for worship and contemplation, not for dancing. Dancing is so often connected with...other immorality"
- ^ Sister Cecilia, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Well...I'd like to think so, but I don't think we're as holy as Saint Elspeth. I hope we never have to find out!"
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|