|Release date||21 November 2016 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Children of Mah|
• Azzanadra's Quest
|Location(s)||* The Empty Throne Room|
|Examine||* One of the Praetorians, Zaros's secret police.
|NPC ID||23665, 26972|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
|Release date||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|Location(s)||The Vault of Shadows|
|Examine||She's has[sic] been trapped in the Shadow Realm for centuries.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
|Release date||22 February 2021 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Azzanadra's Quest|
|Location(s)||White Knights' Castle|
|Examine||Trindine thinks she looks good in white.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Trindine is a Zarosian Mahjarrat currently active on Gielinor. After being brought to Gielinor by the Menaphite deity Icthlarin around the start of the Second Age, Trindine and the rest of the Mahjarrat served the Menaphite people of the Kharidian Desert before eventually swearing their allegiance to the god Zaros.
Trindine served as one of the Praetorian during the reign of the Zarosian Empire alongside Sliske, who was her superior. At the end of the Second Age, Trindine concealed both herself and the Vaults of Heriditas within the Shadow Realm at Kharid-et while it was under siege, leading her fellow Mahjarrat to believe she had perished in combat.
During The Vault of Shadows, Trindine is freed by the player, although hiding in the Shadow Realm for thousands of years left her weak and disoriented. The Mahjarrat Azzanadra transferred some of his power to Trindine and informed Trindine of all the events while she was confined. During Azzanadra's Quest, Trindine seemingly aids the player in locating Gielinor's Elder Halls, but also assists Zaros in stealing the Crown Archival from Saradomin.
History[edit | edit source]
Arrival to Gielinor[edit | edit source]
Like the other Mahjarrat, Trindine hailed from Freneskae, the realm of perpetual warfare. She was brought to Gielinor with the other Mahjarrat under Icthlarin's banner, to combat Zaros' forces. She defected and joined the Zarosians alongside most of her brethren, and was one of the hundred Mahjarrat that were protected by Azzanadra from Tumeken's self-detonation.
Service to the Empire[edit | edit source]
Following the conclusion of the war, Trindine was given the rank of Praetorian, a secret police for Senntisten, and served as Sliske's subordinate. Although she was exempt from his "jokes", she disliked working with him, considering it to be a "nightmare", but grudgingly respected his ability to manipulate the Shadow Realm. She was at one point assigned to Pontifex Madromurt's diocese, which the latter objected to, as Madromurt complained that her presence caused his diocese to work inefficiently due to the fear they had from her presence.
Following Zamorak's betrayal, Trindine remained loyal to Zarosian faction. She accompanied Azzanadra to Kharid-et with her group of praetorians to assist in the fort's defence.
She expressed her suspicion about choosing to house Vaults of Heriditas at Kharid-et in her journal, as she wondered why Zaros did not store it in his Sanctum Sanctorium. However, she then recalled the capital was in chaos, and thus the secrets needed to be held in a more obscure location. While inspecting the Vault of Shadows, she found a shadow diamond, using it to move the praetorian building into the Shadow Realm, and covering the evacuation of the fort's civilians. Upon finishing up her work with the diamond, she entrusted it to Praetorian Titus, ordering him to deliver it to Azzanadra. Following a Zamorakian demon attack on the fortress that wiped out most of the garrison, Trindine was left to seal the Vault by herself in the Vault of Shadows.
Much to her disdain, her praetorians were members of the Cult of Orcus, but knew they would not interfere as they were ultimately loyal to Zaros. In addition to this, the siege had forced her to use the prison lock combination for the Vault of Shadows itself, but was confident that the enemy would be unlikely to discover the Vault hidden in the shadows.
Knowing that she would not survive if she continued to use her powers and that her efforts would go to waste should the enemy discover her, Trindine decided to enter a state of stasis to preserve her energy. She noted that she would have all the time in the Shadow Realm, and would occasionally write down her discoveries in case she would not survive. Kharid-et was eventually forgotten, buried in the sands, leading the rest of the Mahjarrat to believe that she had died in battle.
Rediscovery[edit | edit source]
Following the rediscovery of Kharid-et during the Sixth Age, Azzanadra, using his Dr Nabanik persona, oversaw efforts at Kharid-et. It had brought back some memories of the past, and he had recalled leaving a "trusted loyalist" to oversee the fort's defence, wondering what her final moments were like. The World Guardian soon arrived to help out with the excavation efforts, and discovered the Vault of Shadows. They were able to solve the puzzle and open the locks on all four sides, discovering her in the Shadow Realm; she was the trusted loyalist Azzanadra had mentioned.
Trindine mistook the World Guardian for Sliske, asking them why he took so long to rescue her. The World Guardian stated that they were not Sliske, prompting Trindine to ask for their name and the fate of the Zarosian Empire. Before they could begin, Azzanadra teleported in, having sensed her presence once more. Both Mahjarrat were surprised to see each other, with Azzanadra stating that he thought her to be dead, while Trindine had assumed the same after he left her at Kharid-et. Trindine was also confused as to how Azzanadra and the World Guardian were able to see her deep within the shadow. Azzanadra then asked the World Guardian to leave as he informed Trindine of all the events that had taken place, wishing to privately speak with her.
Afterwards, Azzanadra told the World Guardian that he had provided Trindine with some of the energy he received during the ritual on Freneskae during Children of Mah, as she was still locked on Gielinor and as such, missed out on the ritual. Although temporary, Azzanadra resolved to find a permanent solution to help Trindine catch up with the rest of her race. Trindine decided to remain in the Vault of Shadows for the time being, as she felt unready to leave, but thanked the World Guardian for freeing her.
Zaros' Plans[edit | edit source]
Trindine worked with Azzanadra to reclaim the Locator from Saradomin. She pretended to assist the World Guardian in investigating where Gielinor's Elder Halls were located, but was secretly learning about the Locator. She took on the disguises of both Sir Upticious and Wizard Trindy during the mission, though Sir Owen saw past the Sir Upticious guise. When Sir Owen went to look for Sir Vey Lance, Trindine went with him, where Sir Vey Lance revealed himself as the Zarosian demon Veilinius. Owen threatened to expose the demon's identity to the Temple Knights, unaware that organisation was actually compromised of Zarosians. Trindine opted to knock Owen unconscious rather than kill him. She took part in the plot to steal the Elder Crown, giving Veilinius the Frostenhorn in order to awaken the Temple Knights' Zarosian loyalties. After Zaros took the Crown, she fled with the rest of the Zarosians to Kharid-et.
When the World Guardian confronted the Zarosians at Kharid-et, Trindine informed them that she returned the book she had stolen from the Wizard's Tower, and that Owen was still alive before she teleported away.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Trindine's white knight name being a pun on the word surreptitious, in addition to being a reference to her job as a spy, foreshadows her betrayal towards the end of Azzanadra's Quest.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Praetor's log page 1, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "My colleague and mentor, Sliske [...]"
- ^ Letter signed 'Pontifex Madromurt', written by Madromurt, "The Empty Throne Room", RuneScape. "[...] what I hear of Trindine's master Sliske [...]"
- ^ Dr Nabanik, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "[...] [Trindine] was under Sliske's tutelage and we both know what he was like."
- ^ Praetor's log page 2, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "For some reason, [Sliske] took a shine to me all those years ago, but he's a nightmare to work with. Sometimes, he can be quite charming, and at least I seem to be exempt from his little 'pranks', but you never know when he's going to slip into one of his cruel moods."
- ^ Letter signed 'Pontifex Madromurt', written by Madromurt, "The Empty Throne Room", RuneScape. "Your Holiness[,] I am writing once again to formally record my objections to the assignment of Praetorian Trindine to my diocese. [...] in her role as agent of the secret police she is a constant source of intimidation and interference. Clergy are afraid to question her judgement for fear of reprisal."
- ^ Dr Nabanik, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "When I tasked her to this fort after Zaros's betrayal, I was at my lowest point. We both knew how precarious a position we found ourselves in."
- ^ Praetor's log page 2, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "Why this place was chosen to house the Vaults of Heriditas, I'll never know... [...] Zaros, in his infinite wisdom, did not want them in his own Sanctum Sanctorum, nor even within the walls of the capital. Clearly, he knows some of the artefacts here are dangerous beyond measure, and now I'm highly suspicious of the whole thing...but then, being suspicious is my job."
- ^ Praetor's log page 3, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "[Kharid-et] was a strange choice to house the Vaults of Heriditas, on the fringes of the empire as it is. Surely, they would have been easier to protect in the capital, but I suppose they are easier to hide here...and the capital is in a state of furore after the fall of our Lord Zaros, so perhaps here is safer."
- ^ Praetor's log page 3, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "One of the less dangerous relics is the soul gem of a Mahjarrat who was particularly strong with the element of shadow, housed within a diamond to mask its true nature. [...] Once I have finished using it myself to shift the praetorium into the Shadow Realm, it can help to mask the movements of the fort civilians evacuating to a safer place."
- ^ Praetor's log page 3, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "I believe [Praetorian Titus] has the fortitude to not become corrupted by [the diamond's] presence [...] I shall set him on a path to Azzanadra, and I know he shall do right by my charge."
- ^ Praetor's log page 4, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "Only a cadre of my guard remains [...] I had suspected they were given their own orders separate from those given to me. Now I see they are members of Orcus's cult. Bloody necromancers. [...] At least I can be sure they are loyal."
- ^ Praetor's log page 1, written by Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "The vault has been locked. There was not time enough to amend the security code, and so it matches that of the prison lock. This is unfortunate, but even if an enemy were to figure out that code, the chances of them being able to even find entry to the vault area, hidden in shadow as it is, is so remote as to not be a concern."
- ^ Trindine's memory, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "I know that I should enter a state of stasis, so as to preserve my power in case this location is discovered. [...] I find myself with an opportunity to delve deeper into the Shadow Realm than any before me. [...] I shall note down my methods and findings here, should I not survive long enough to pass on this information."
- ^ Dr Nabanik, RuneScape. "Many parts of the empire became immediately vulnerable to our enemies, and Kharid-et was alone at the edge of the empire. I tasked a trusted loyalist with defending it and its secrets. She very clearly achieved this task - for the most part - but I would like ot learn of the events that transpired here and how she died. I miss her dearly."
- ^ Dr Nabanik, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "She was incredibly weak [...] Unfortunate, as a result of being trapped here, she missed out on the boon we all received back on Freneskae. For now, I have given her some of my own power. She will recover for a time, but now I must seek a more permanent remedy."
- ^ Trindine, "The Vault of Shadows", RuneScape. "[...] I shall remain here. I'm not ready for whatever awaits me above. Not yet, at least. [...] I thank you for your efforts in bringing me back, Player."
|Part 5 of the Sliske quest series|
Second Age Zarosian leaders
|Secret police force|