Sir Renitee (also called The Herald) is an NPC located on the east end of the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the White Knights' Castle. Sir Renitee is a member of the White Knights.
He is utilised in the Construction skill, specifically during the construction of a player's Quest Hall.
Maps for a player-owned house's Quest Hall are purchased from Sir Renitee for 1,000 coins.
Sir Renitee can paint portraits of people that a player has met. These portraits can be hung in the Quest Hall, and each portrait has an associated quest requirement:
Sir Renitee's painting skills extend to landscapes as well as people. Players who have completed the required adventure sets can spend 2,000 coins to purchase these paintings:
||Cook's Assistant, Rune Mysteries, The Restless Ghost, and not Chef's Assistant
||Diamond in the Rough, Tourist Trap, The Feud, and The Golem
||Ghosts Ahoy, Shades of Mort'ton, Creature of Fenkenstrain, and Haunted Mine
||Pirate's Treasure, Shilo Village, and Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
Sir Renitee's most significant function, however, is heraldry. He can tell players their family heritage, which gives them one of the following listed crests. For a fee of 5,000 coins, the player may choose their own crest – however, some of these crests have associated requirements, as noted below. Sir Renitee refuses to provide this service to any player whose Construction level (including any boosts) is below 16, the level required for an oak decoration.
Using a workshop's pluming stand or shield easel, players can paint their crest on a steel, rune full helm, or kiteshield, creating heraldic helmets and heraldic kiteshields. A banner may also be made with the player's crest, once the character is high enough level to build a banner easel.
Painting your crest on helms or shields turns them into members-only items; banners are always members-only. Once painted, a helmet or shield can never be reversed to its original state.
If a player has a money crest and needs to change it to a Saradomin crest for the Falador Hard Tasks, Sir Renitee will give the player a one-time money crest voucher that can be used to change the crest back afterwards for only 5,000 coins (instead of another 500,000 coins).
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 3 May 2011 (Update):
- This npc's sitting animation has been updated.
- patch 5 July 2010 (Update):
- Sir Renitee's chair now renders in front of tiles on the floor.
- His name is a pun on the word "serenity". This pun is also shared with Sir Whrenity, making them the first Faladian knights to share a pun.
- The 'Skull' crest once required a player to be skulled before speaking to Sir Renitee. Since the removal of skulling, the crest had no additional requirements. However, since the introduction of Legacy Mode, becoming skulled once again returns, and once again the 'Skull' crest requires the player to be skulled.