Sins of the Father
|Sins of the Father|
|Release date||14 September 2020 (Update)|
|Official series||The Elder God Wars #13|
|Quest create ID||303|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Mr Mordaut, located at the Anachronia base camp, east of the Anachronia lodestone. Show on map (via a location)|
|Member requirement||Members only|
At least one of the following requirements:
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Investigating the laboratory[edit | edit source]
Go north out of the base camp. Walk down the stairs (not the Agility shortcut) and enter the area with the igneous jadinkos. You should see a message about something looking "out of place." You must trigger this dialogue to progress.
Walk up the first stairs to the north then west on the green area to the dragonkin statue until your character remarks about something feeling different. If this does not happen, then the first message about things looking "out of place" likely did not trigger. In this case, go south of the igneous jadinkos and walk a few steps until the message appears.
Investigate the bottom part of the dragonkin statue and enter the door that is revealed.
Descend down and talk to Vicendithas to start the tutorial.
Effigy tutorial[edit | edit source]
Talk to Vicendithas. You will be directed to a number of resource piles scattered around the room and a pile of effigy casings. Gather from a pile associated with your preferred skill (Runecrafting, Smithing, Invention, or Crafting) until you have obtained 20 resources from that pile, and then go to the middle of the room and pick an effigy casing.
Talk to Vicendithas again, and then proceed to one of Kerapac's workbenches to construct your effigy.
Talk to Vicendithas who directs you to turn valves in a specific order. After turning three valves interact with the incubator hatch, causing the effigy to incubate. Interact with the incubator hatch again to receive your uncharged effigy. Talk to Vicendithas to end the tutorial.
Talk to Vicendithas once more after the tutorial to complete the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Sins of the Father ( 0) – Complete this quest.
- I've Got a Little List (of Miniquests) ( 0) – Complete all miniquests listed in the Quests interface. Does not include sagas.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Sins of the Father is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 March 2023 (Update):
- The Desperate Creatures and Sins of the Father quests now appear under the World Guardian sorting category in the Quest List.
- patch 13 February 2023 (Update):
- Sins of the Father has been converted from a miniquest to a short quest with a quest journal. It does not award quest points or Treasure Hunter keys.
- Completion of Sins of the Father is now required to start Extinction.
- patch 9 May 2022 (Update):
- There is now clearer messaging given to players who haven't started Sins of the Father after completing Extinction when trying to enter the Effigy Incubator laboratory.
- patch 28 September 2020 (Update):
- A short delay has been added to the Sins of the Father miniquest to prevent players from clicking out of a dialogue box.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest shares a name with a quest in Old School RuneScape. While this quest continues the dragonkin storyline, the Old School RuneScape quest continues the Myreque quest series storyline.
|Part 13 of The Elder God Wars quest series|