Sign of the porter
Signs of the porter are pocket slot items craftable with the Divination skill, which automatically teleport collected items to your bank. Every time an item is teleported to the bank, one charge is used on the active sign. A sign will disappear when its charges have expired. Inactive signs in the inventory will not automatically equip and become active when the active sign expires. Signs of the porter do not stack, taking one inventory slot each.
When equipped to your character, a sign of the porter becomes an "Active sign of the porter". Once active, it can be unequipped but will remain active and no other signs can be equipped until the active one is depleted or destroyed.
Items are sent to the bank when they are obtained from a skilling action, or for items in the 'Other' category (see below), when they are picked up off the ground (which includes combat drops, such as dragon hides). Not only drops from monsters can be banked, but also items that a person was carrying in the Wilderness will be banked if the player picks up the loot while having an active sign.
When an ore is teleported through a sign of the porter, it will be stored in the player's metal bank accessible through any furnace, forge or anvil. When paired with stone spirits, one porter charge is consumed for every one stone spirit consumed, thereby banking two ores.
When archaeological materials are collected, they will be stored in the player's material storage container.
Urns will still be filled while collecting with an active sign. If the Varrock armour ore doubling effect is activated, the second ore is also banked. Shooting Star reward that doubles an ore will also be banked. Mining five ores from a concentrated coal or gold will bank all of them but only use one charge. When fishing shark, if you catch two, both are banked at no additional porter charge. If you do not have any space in your bank, the items you collect remain in your inventory.
New and activated signs can be consumed by a grace of the elves until the necklace reaches 500 charges.
Types of signs[edit | edit source]
|Porter tier||Level||Energy amount||Secondary||Experience||Charges||Energy per Charge||Energy Cost (secondary omitted) per charge||Material Cost||Cost per charge||Memory shards||(per charge)|
|I||6||30 Pale energy||Sapphire necklace||1.7||5||6||738||6,277||1,255.4||N/A||N/A|
|II||28||35 Bright energy||Sapphire necklace||5.9||10||3.5||812||10,707||1,070.7||N/A||N/A|
|III||48||40 Sparkling energy||Emerald necklace||9.9||15||2.6||794.67||16,749||1,116.6||N/A||N/A|
|IV||68||45 Vibrant energy||Emerald necklace||13.9||20||2.25||823.5||21,299||1,064.95||16||0.8|
|V||88||60 Radiant energy||Ruby necklace||20||25||2.4||928.8||27,128||1,085.12||22||0.88|
|VI||99||80 Incandescent energy||Diamond necklace||24||30||2.6||1,024||37,683||1,256.1||30||1|
Items affected[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- patch 17 June 2019 (Update):
- Signs of porter and Grace of the Elves will now successfully send farming produce to bank when your inventory is full.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- When mining with porters, if the mined resource can be stored in the metal bank, it'll be deposited into your metal bank instead of your bank.
- No longer send stardust to the bank when mining crashed stars.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Sign of the porter now correctly list Muspah spines in the 'other' section.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The buff bar will now display the correct amount of charges when a player is using a 'Sign of the Porter' to collect Mort Myre Fungus.
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- The sign of the porter buff icon will now display when logging in, if the item is equipped.
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- You can now track your active Sign of the Porter charges on your buff bar.
- hotfix 12 September 2016 (Update):
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- You once again gain corrupted ore in your inventory when mining normal or harmonised Trahaearn rocks with a porter equipped.
- You also once again get a chance at double ore when mining harmonised rocks with a porter equipped.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
- ninja 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Removed Grenwall spikes from Sign of the Porter teleports, as they're already stackable.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Living minerals will now be transported to players' banks in the correct amounts if wearing a sign of the porter instead of only one.
- patch 1 December 2014 (Update):
- Signs of the porter now bank snake weed when collecting from jungle vines, rather than when picked up.
- ninja 15 September 2014 (Update):
- Signs of the porter will now inform the player when their bank is full.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- Snapegrass is now teleported to your bank by Signs of the Porter when it is picked up rather than when it is harvested from farming patches.
- ninja 14 April 2014 (Update):
- The text shown when a sign of the porter depletes is now red so it stands out more.
- ninja 30 October 2013 (Update):
- The sign of the porter now gives the correct message when receiving rubies or diamonds from mining ore.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though not listed, Crystal-flecked sandstone will be banked by a sign of the porter.
- Though not listed, sweet potatoes, red onions, cannonball cabbages, heirloom tomatoes, rainbow sweetcorn, white strawberries and golden watermelons, produce obtained while under the influence of a harvest potion, will be banked by a sign of the porter.